“Good News, Cookie Cutter Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Like all HGI's, this one is spotless, good service, clean bedding, and good and hot breakfast. I have to say as a chain/franchise, HGI is consistantly the most consistant. This property is everything HGI's can and should be and does a good job.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Robert H
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

My wife and I have had two great stays at the Hilton Garden Inn. One was in March of 2012 for our one year anniversary. The service was excellent. When we got to our room it had two queen beds, so we went to the front desk they were very nice and switch to a king room which we booked. The second stay was for one night in May of 2012. The hotel is always clean. The only complaint that I would have from the May stay is that the room smelled like cigarette smoke. I don't completely fault the hotel for this because it is a non smoking property and they have renovated. I assume someone smoked in the room when they weren't supposed to and the hotel definitely tried to get rid of the smell. Overall, I completely recommend the hotel. It has a great location and an even better price for Hilton Head.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tbyrdman
Reviewed 1 June 2012

At first we wondered what was wrong since the hotel was almost empty when we arrived. However the room was wonderful, quiet and clean to a tee. We figured it must have been because we stayed on a Sunday night on our way out of town. Next visit this will be our choice. Much less expensive than most other HH hotels.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Arrived in baking heat, struggling with 2 large suitcases - the staff oblivious (Is this the USA with great service?) No-one bothered to help or indeed point out that there was an underground car park with lift- so avoiding the heat and stairs was all possible. Nice room (junior suite). As on the second week of an intercontinental trip I was tired and hungry. Ah room service - no no no no no. This was a most dreadful experience. I was connected to a nearby restaurant. Loud music in the background as I tried to order. "No I can't tell you when your meal will be ready. I am not allowed to.." When it arrived (it consisted of a Hilton type tray and a plate onto which was placed a series of plastic boxes and bags) the food was of spectacularly low quality. Dreadful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Traveller027
Steve C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear Traveller027,
Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking your time to give us some great feedback. I am very sorry for our staff not directing you to the underground parking elevator with direct access to the rooms. The front entrance way is built above sea level to prevent flooding of the hotel. We do try to keep our eyes up and try to assist guests with luggage. My apologies about the room service, this is catered by a local restaurant and I have discussed your issues with them. I hope you can give us another try in the future and feel free to contact me.
Steve Cotton
843-837-8111

Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

False advertising of queen size beds
Otherwise very nice

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank LimaBax

Dear Limabax,
Thank you very much for providing feedback to our hotel. I am happy our service and the hotel met your needs. I very much apologize about your bed issues and next time we will put you in a King Bed.
I hope you will come back in the future and feel free to contact me with any other issues.
Steve Cotton