“Amazing!”

Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Wales UK
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We are Marriott owner's in Spain and exchanged through Interval for Barony Beach. It took 4 months approx to get the exchange through, so that's a good indication of how popular this resort is.
Barony Beach wasn't my first choice but having gone down to Harbour Town one day, I am so glad we got Barony as the location right on the beach is so good. If we ever did return, it would be Barony I would definitely request again!
Like so many other's, we requested Oceanside and had an e mail through from Zach a few days before informing us that we were in the garden villas. We obviously expected this as we do not own here. I was expecting from all the reviews a long walk to the beach and very surprised that it was literally a short walk.On numerous occasions as we were walking over to the oceanside we were asked by the driver of the courtesy cart if we wanted to have a ride over and each time we preferred to walk.
If we did go back to Barony I would request a garden villa again as I was so pleased with our villa on the 3 rd floor of the Jasmine building that got the morning sun and overlooked the pool and hot tub. In the evening it was great sitting out on the balcony overlooking the pool that was lit up. Obviously ocean front view must be great but many of the other villas on this side that just have the garden view to me appeared very shaded.
Whilst in the pool one day we did over hear a person say that they had paid to upgrade from the garden to ocean side!
I cannot say enough for the service from all the Marriott staff. On our arrival I realised as we were cooking for 8 people for a special meal for my husband's 50th birthday and I did not have a large enough roasting dish for what I was doing. Literally within minutes they delivered a very large foil tin that was perfect. We also had a dishwasher fault on the first morning and within 30 mins someone came. On both occasions a follow up call came through to us to ensure we were happy.
It was so good having the good choice of pools, and most days we used the quieter outside pool in the garden in front of the indoor pool.
We only used the poolside grill once and waited nearly an hour for our food. We didn't mind as we sat watching the tennis under the shade sipping a cold drink. However, a manager came onto us apologised for the delay and asked each member of our party to choose any drink free of charge. As these drinks came, so did our food so that was good customer care.
Again, I would highly recommend Barony Beach, it was such a special holiday for us!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Welshcake2
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I like to sit on the balcony my final night of vacations reflect on my experience, this evening is no exception. My wife, and our 5 month daughter are wrapping up a wonderful week at Marriotts Barony Beach Club. We live in NC and own at Marriott Surf in Aruba, because of the birth of our daughter earlier in the year we decided to stay fairly close to home. We always read Trip Advisor reviews but have learned to look at the big picture of all of the reviews. I actually read a review of this property and was under the impression there were no elevators. (completely untrue) because as I mentioned in previous posts, "I wonder why some people vacation at all."
So here it is...

1st all construction in the Garden Villas and on the entire property is complete: Marriott did an amazing job, the pool which has been completely redone, landscape, water slide, grill area. Top notch, truly. For example the large gas grilling area complete w/ granite countertops outdoor sinks and 2 flat screen TV;s just in case you get bored waitng for your steaks to finish. They have also added a great "splash pad" for the kids and a waterslide that made even the adults smile.

2nd: People stop complaining about the distance to the Ocean, it is not far, Marriott does offer golf cart shuttles frequently to the beach. But I am telling you, its not necessary. 5 mins walk with beach gear and child in tow. As all Marriotts, the place is kept immaculate, the staff, ALL the staff, are incredibly helpful, friendly, wonderful. We own two top properties and because their are only 255 villas here , I knew chances of getting one in the front 4 buildings was not going to happen. If you want to be ocean front, break out your checkbook and buy here .. We were very happy with our Garden Villa in the Jasmine building. **Hats off to BArony Beach Club Concierge ZACK for call me the week prior and letting me know that they would not be able to honor my request for a front ocean room.. A little travel advise to those reading this, try killing the staff with sincere kindness instead of raising a fit that you didnt get your way. Zack, my wife and I really appreciate going above and beyond in your attempts/communication as well as giving us a great top floor room in the Garden Villas. Kindness wins everytime....

The rooms are well appointed as you would expect with Marriott Brand, great location, great beach, great vacation. Our family will return to Barony Beach again, and our continued faith in our decision to buy into the Marriott collection, you do it better than anyone else, coast to coast, country to country. I heard it from other owners on this trip and previous, with Marriott you know what your getting, whether its your home resort or traded within the Marriott Collection. There is a lot to be said for that.... Thanks again for a great week (June 1-7)

Hats off to the entire staff for making our time a special one....

Room Tip: Top floor in any building...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
15 Thank IslandTime1
Babylon, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Villas here were beautiful, the waterslide was so much fun and a great addition! All of the pools were great, and so was the new pool bar and grill! So many activities planned for the weekdays, just check the schedule! We did the Mexican Monday, $5 margaritas and quesadillas (delicious and cheap!) by the pool! Everything was clean and efficient, just a really nice place to relax. Staying here made me re-think my view of Hilton Head, I thought it was a boring place, but really it is a lovely, relaxing, classy place to visit. Thank you Barony Beach for helping me to see that this time around! :)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Ktravels28
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2012

These are timeshares so you will get 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and a full kitchen. We have been coming here since it opened and enjoy it every time. There are ocean villas and garden villas. The garden villas are a 5 to 10 minute walk to the beach. Great new pool on the garden side with slide and water park like area for kids. Great for families. Good location on the island.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TravelNow61
Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Stayed the first week of May, was our first visit and we all Loved It!
There wasn't one thing I would change
The villa was perfect size,beautiful master suite with huge jacuzzi, nice size 2nd bedroom. Lovely living room area and fully stocked kitchen.
The pool areas were great and so many hot tubs!
Staff was friendly and welcoming. Afternoons in the ocean pool were heavenly especially with Johnny Breeze singing poolside.
Love the location, Only way this vacation could have been better was if I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family