When booking this trip we were told that there would be construction taking place in one section of the resort but they hoped construction would be done by the end of March. We went the last week of March and the construction was nowhere near completed. Of course we we placed in the construction zone and woke up to the sound of chainsaws and hammers most mornings. On top of this they closed the oceanfront pool as well which was "unexpected construction". The huge resort was left with sharing a tiny pool the size of a typical motel pool. We have two children and booked this resort specifically because of the wide variety of pool options to go along with being oceanfront. Our refridge/freezer was broken as well but they did replace it and the inside accomodations were actually very spacious and clean.
The Barony Beach staff did NOTHING to make things right with us. We were stunned by the lack of interest in making our experience a good one. Don't waste you hard earned money to go to a resort that is rebuilding most of their facilities and should not even be open or should be giving a discounted rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clear you mind poolside at Marriott's Barony Beach Club. Nestled on in infamous Hilton Head, South Carolina, your feet will be covered in sand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott's Barony Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Barony Beach Club Hotel Hilton Head
- Marriott Barony Beach Hotel
- Marriott Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Marriott