2,197 results
All reviews tiki hut beach house porch restaurant live music front desk volleyball courts fire pit coligny plaza ocean front pool area oceanfront room shopping and restaurants housekeeping staff nice pool hilton head island king bed off season
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Great location right on ocean. They have very nice pool with bar n food service. We had lunch at the porch, food ok service slow. Staff was great, room clean and comfy bed. Would go there again. Also the band at the Tiki was fabulous!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ArielleS138, Guest Experience Coordinator at Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Quest639802,

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed the ocean front location, sparkling resort pool, friendly staff, well appointed accommodations, daily live music, and so much more! We know you have a lot of options when it comes to traveling and are honored to know you would return to the Beach House Resort. I hope we will become part of your regular travel plans - please let me know if there is any way I can help with that!

You are welcome to reach out to me directly at any time. I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We went in late September and had a great time with the adult kids and grandkids 1&4 years. The only reason for not rating this resort as excellent was the long hard trudge to the beach with the wagon in the deep soft sand was tough. Maybe a mat path like the public beach has would have been nice. Also the prices in the restaurant were a little high compared to the better restaurants in the area and not nearly as good. Dinner at Salty Dogs was only a little more than The Porch at the resort. Everything else was great. We even saw a staff member enforcing the no smoking policy on the property by the pool. You rarely see that enforced anywhere. Nice.

Room tip: Stay away from the elevators and ice machines. People seem to congregate there and talk on their cell phones.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Clint V,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! I am happy for the opportunity to touch on a few of your points. First, I would like to thank you for acknowledging our team for enforcing the no smoking policy. Many people choose our resort because they know they can depend on us to keep them and their family safe and comfortable.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your suggestions. We are a very detailed oriented team and some of the most impactful changes we have been able to make are as a result of guest feedback.

Thank you for choosing the Beach House Resort as your home-away-from-home to spend time with your precious grandchildren and family.

I sincerely hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to the resort. If there is any information or assistance I can offer, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

Check in was fast and friendly! Rooms are dated and our toliet was not clean (someone left bowel movement). Their restaurant "The Porch" breakfast buffet was super lack luster. Around 4:50 PM the bar staff acted like it was such a chore to stop their liquor count to place an order with them for food. 35 mins later, fries were rock hard, not fit to eat and the slowest service ever. I live how this place is on the beach, but will not stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Hello Bungee1977,

Thank you for choosing us and for leaving a review. I am happy that your check- in went smooth. However, I am sorry that the condition of the room, the toilet, the breakfast area and the level of service you received all negatively affected your overall satisfaction. Your feedback has been taken into account and will be shared with our management team. We are confident that necessary steps will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

More than I ever imagined! Not only were the views of the coast breathtaking but the resort was exactly what I’ve always imagined a resort to look and be like. Staff were so friendly and eager to help. Surely I hope to come back at some time.

Trip type: Travelled with family

dhackenkamp,

Thank you for such an incredible review! I am so happy to know we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing the Beach House Resort for your dream vacation destination. It sounds like you fell in love with Hilton Head Island - we certainly understand that! This is a very special area and we are thrilled to have the opportunity to share it with you.

We surely hope you will come back at some point as well. We would love to see you here again soon - please let me know if there is anything I can do to help with return travel planning.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the beach house for 4 days this week. We had a king Ocean View room. Our room was very well decorated with a beach theme. We had the breakfast package with the hotel and ate breakfast every morning at the porch. The breakfast buffet was very good. May to order omelets, fruit, pastries, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, French toast, and pancakes. It was anything you could want.

I was very impressed with their customer service. We put the do not disturb sign on our door and don't required daily maid service when we stay at a hotel. They texted us everyday and ask us if there was anything that we needed since we had our do not disturb sign on the door. They also texted us when we got there and told us all the different amenities for the hotel. This hotel is right on the beach and a short walk to the water. The only thing I would warn people of is if they get a beachfront room there is the tiki hut right below them that plays music until 10 or 10:30 every night. If you don't want to listen to the music or you're one of those people that go to bed early, don't get the ocean front rooms.

I would definitely come back to this location and would highly recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

CinDen2,

Thanks for giving us some insight into your recent Beach House Resort experience. I am so happy you enjoyed your time with us and grateful for the opportunity to view the resort from your experience.

Breakfast at The Porch really is something special! They pull out all the stops for the breakfast buffet - it is one of my favorite ways to spend Sunday morning. I know many others will be thankful for your information regarding our texting service and front row seating to daily live music until 10:00 pm nightly from the Juliet balcony of the Ocean View King guestrooms. As a side note, if you wanted to return to the Beach House but weren't interested in the daily live music, one of our suites or the Premium King might be the perfect option for you! While they do not offer the same 180-degree ocean views, they have been fully renovated and offer a variety of sleeping arrangements for groups of all sizes.

Please let me know if I can help answer any questions regarding a return trip to Hilton Head Island. We hope to see you again very soon!

Arielle Sullvan