“Don't stay here!”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Greenwood
Phoenix, Arizona
“Don't stay here!”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We had a cockroach in our room and when we told the manager/owner she said they like to come in when it gets cold outside. Like this is a normal every day experience. She killed the cockroach but makes me wonder what they have in the kitchen! We had no extra toilet tissue in our room and both rolls were almost out. The vending machines did not accept dollar bills so had to keep asking the "unfriendly" desk clerk for change. They acted really annoyed because we were interrupting their tv program. We asked for a no smoking room, which we received but across the hall someone was smoking up a storm. I am very allergic to smoke and had a bad reaction. The girl at the desk was really annoyed that I even mentioned the smoking and didn't offer any appologies. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable. The TV reception was very poor and not very many channels.The night clerk was very helpful and friendly and also the person attending to the breakfast was friendly, but the owner/manager and other staff really need to step up their customer service and smile once in a while.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Peg5516
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Eustis, Florida
Reviewed 30 September 2011

My family has stayed at HIE in florida and have never had any problems with service or the rooms. This particular HIE was a little different, due to the influx of family and I guess everyone trying to check in, the front desk manager was a little short. Online they offered cots for the rooms if needed, there were none available, no extra towels, washclothes, blankets. Four people in a room with two washclothes??? The managers' customer service skills were absent. The only saving grace was housekeeping, and the night clerk, they were very helpful. Being that it was a family reunion, the manager knew the total number of family that would be staying at the hotel, she should have been prepared. Although the Hotel was very clean, beds were comfy, and it was good seeing family, dealing with the hotel manager and her attitude left me disgruntled!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
richmond, Virginia, USA
Reviewed 5 July 2010

the hotel is new it looks nice the people are really nice.....however I do have some complaints. the breakfast was sorry, no bacon or saugage, not even a boiled egg. very few choices for breakfast. the hot tub was cold.....the double beds are very small a little bit wider than a twin bed 2 can not sleep comfortably.....my next stay will be in @ the hampton

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank mccorkle
Porters Lake, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Spent two weeks at this hotel on a business trip and it was your typical Holiday Inn Express. Staff weren't the greatest when it came to service or attention to detail. Outside of hotel was clean and well maintained, inside was okay as well. Rooms we're alright but very cramped, I had two double beds and asked for a room with a King and a work area, some were available but they wouldn't move me. Beds weren't the most comfortable either, comforter was thin, not warm at all. I was on the first floor and the windows couldn't be covered, just a thin white drape. Had to use another sheet to cover window at night.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank exercitus
Reviewed 11 July 2009

I stayed in this hotel on two occasions for business and the rooms were fairly standard. The breakfast buffet was also average--fruit cups, yogurt, cereals and a hot dish of the day, like biscuits with sausage gravy. What stood out was the staff, however. I arrived super early at 8am (check in wasn't till 3pm) praying they'd have a room ready because I wanted to freshen up before starting what would be a long day. Dawn was extremely helpful and accommodating and upgraded me to a suite immediately. During another stay (and I regret that I didn't get her name), the front desk person went over and above when I forgot to bring some info needed to get a discounted room. Meagan, who was working in the breakfast area, also bent over backwards to make sure I had what I needed and wanted. One thing that would be great to add is a printer in the business center. There are computers but documents must be picked up at the front desk and there's a cost if it's more than a few pages. I travel a good bit and enjoy higher-end hotels when I can afford it but sometimes it's the people that make all the difference in the world!

Stayed June 2009, travelled on business