“Authentic food, vegan friendly”
Review of Yellow Ginger

Yellow Ginger
Ranked #23 of 948 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 20
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This is an experienced family who's lifelong business is providing good food at fair prices. There is a large window that lets you look into the kitchen. I felt like I was eating in New York City.

2  Thank FRANK P

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I feel very fortunate to have found this place when I was visiting this part of Greenville for a few days. I haven't had to get lunch or dinner anywhere else. If I were here much longer, I'd probably try everything on the menu. There are lots of more or less pan-Asian items offered, but I've concentrated on the Malaysian because it can be hard to find, and it's done so well here: Mee Goreng, Curry Laksa... everything's been delicious. You should really try a lunch special-- very inexpensive and no stinting on the proteins. A simple mixed vegetable dish here is satisfying-and yes, this may have something to do with the fact that Indonesian sauces tend to be sweet- and even the rice is tasty. Service is friendly and attentive. You can see that there are many repeat visitors here. Wish I could bring the place home with me.

1  Thank Bernard W
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We would go here once a week if we lived closer. The service and people are so friendly and genuinely want you to enjoy your food. They take pride in it. This was our second visit and it was even better than I remembered. We started with the roti and the pork dumplings. Outstanding! My daughter and I had the Malay Sweet and Sour Chicken and my husband had the Sesame Chicken. We were all very happy with our choices. All came with rice and a spring roll. The portions are very good. The prices are so very reasonable especially for Sunday lunch. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

I love what Yellow ginger has going on! The food is as close as you're going to get to Malaysia without actually being there. I never leave hungry and I always get food for the next day! I will always return.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

We took some friends out for the wife's birthday and it was a most enjoyable dinner. This has become our favorite Asian restaurant even though it is across town from where we live. We started with the pork egg rolls and my wife had her favorite - Spicy Basil Catfish while I had my reliable Malay sweet and sour chicken. I can't recall what our friends had but they really enjoyed their selections and said they would be back.

3  Thank Toothsc