“A bowlful of awesome”
Review of Menkoi

Menkoi
Ranked #477 of 939 Restaurants in Greenville
Reviewed 7 June 2017

The downtown location is right across the street from my office. This is a fabulous meal to have on a cold day. The miso ramen is my favorite, especially once I sprinkle some of their spice mix into it to give it a kick. It's also a way to get a hearty meal for under $10, which is not easy to do in a downtown setting.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Oof. Flavorless, soulless colored waters masquerading as broths. Overcooked, over-held noodles of mushiness and sadness. Microwaved, previously frozen "dumplings" of sorts pretending to be siumai, and terrible "gyoza"...

This pan-Asian food-court stall of sorts is of great sorrow.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Went here on a whim to try different Asian food. No other place like this to my knowledge. Fast service and tasty dishes, Inside Japanese style. Nice change up from generic American restaurants and Coke. Inexpensive and filling. Great value We'll be back.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Ashley at the register was attentive and adorable! We had pork ramen bowls, a salt rice cake, and dumplings. My husband and kids ages 12YO and 9YO liked their meals more than I liked mine. I really wanted chicken, but unfortunately they were out of it, so went with pork instead. Turns out that I'm just not much of a ramen fan, though I think the food was of good quality, and the service was great! And the prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

I was dying for some good, flavorful soup and came across this place, which turned out to be an unfortunate find. I asked what was their most popular dish and ordered that. It was a soup with yellow noodles and slices of pork. I took it home and my first indication it was going to bad was the unpleasant smell. It stank of what I would imagine the inside of the stomach of a shark who was digesting chum and guts. I forced myself to try it and much to my dismay, the taste matched the stench. I threw it out and vowed never to waste another soup craving on this place.