“Smokey delight. ”

Smoke On The Water
Ranked #11 of 930 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

My husband had the ribs and brisket, both were really good, especially when combined with the 4 choices of Bar-B-Q sauces. I had the shrimp and grits and would have rated the dish better if I hadn't had better dishes 3 times earlier in the week while visiting Hilton Head. It was good, but just had too much of other items added, deterred from the shrimp and grits. Drinks were excellent! Prices were reasonable and service was great. I would definitely recommend Smoke on the Water for a good place to eat!

Addition: though this has nothing to do with food or drink, thought I would add it. My husband stopped by to buy a SotW shirt the next day, but between the waiter & the manager acting as if they didn't know enough about their merchandise and the manager's lack of interest in finding out more of what he didn't know, my husband got disgusted and left. Too bad - bad way to end a great experience.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Smoke On The Water

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I love going to smoke on the water when we can get away from the kids and we recommend the restaurant to our friends and have brought many with us. We haven't had anything that we haven't liked. I love their prime rib and garlic mashed potatoes. As an appetizer we always get the BBQ nachos!

1  Thank Robert L
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Brought our dog with us as they advertise pet friendly. The name insinuates it is on the water but it is not!
We ordered our drinks and they brought them as well as some bread and butter. As soon as she set the bread and butter down, the fiasco began. We were immediately inundated by flies! We had to cover everything (including our drinks) as there were so many of them. We instructed the server to bring us to-go boxes and we did not eat there. I have never seen so many flies at a Restaurant, anywhere.
Do not get me wrong. The food (when we finally were able to eat it at our place) was excellent. We had the Pork Chops. They were delicious. If we had eaten inside, they would have rated at least a 4 or 5 star rating. We would definitely go back but would leave our 4 legged companion at home and eat inside. Hope this helps!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

While visiting family in Greenville, SC we decided to go downtown for dinner. My sister recommended Smoke on the Water. Upon our arrival which was last Friday afternoon around 5:30pm we were greeted at the door by 2 very nice young ladies and we were seated immediately on the indoor patio which was our choice. Within 3-4 minutes a manager came over to our table and asked if we had been there before. My sister yes but the other three of us no so he proceeded to tell us about the restaurant, food and drink specials. He spent at least 15 minutes at our table telling us about local breweries etc. Bourbon and Single Malt Scotch half price, immediately I was liking this place and then I ordered a Budlight (yes I'm old, lol) and he suggested a light beer brewed locally which I wish I could remember but sorry I don't but it was from a few towns over and it was very smooth ans similar to BL with a citrus twist. I wish they had it in Boston where I live.The food was very tasty and the portions were perfect. My wife and I had the brisket w okra and fries. I can still taste it, Superb. If you're looking for great bar-b-que and a vast drink menu you can't go wrong. Great food and service with a smile is hard to find. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

For lack of knowing where to begin exploring the culinary side of Greenville we picked this place. Not a bad choice. I thought the bartender was a little arrogant and more interested in the female servers than the customers.
The food was upscale Southern home style. It was good, not great.
I enjoyed my meal...I doubt I will be back...