“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Second time in Greenville, first on my own, I had to take advantange I could experience different restaurants without having to be worried about anyone else.
Being a big fan of Thai food, I do not consider myself an expert but I know my way around having visited and experienced Thailand for a couple of weeks, I was happy to read good reviews about Lemongrass.
I was very excited to try it so on my second night, I walked in and quickly made my order: Thai rolls and, of course, Pad Thai.
The rolls arrived quickly, but I must say they were not Thai but a cheap frozen version of Chinese spring rolls with a plain sweet and sour sauce.
The Pad Thai took longer to get to my table, which allowed me to realize this restaurant is pretty pretentious, with plastic tablecloths but Thai reassembling decoration on the walls.
The Pad Thai arrived, not bad, but lacking taste.
Bottom line, this place has a lot of potential, but it lacks personality and definition. You can be street or fancy... but if you stay half way, it looks cheap... in a bad way.
2/5 for the Pad Thai and the potential.
Hopefully a good manager will turn it around.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Dined here on eclipse night (8/21) and I don't think they were prepared for so many customers. It seemed there were only two waitresses for the restaurant which totally filled up during our time there. We were glad we arrived at 6pm as customers continually streamed in after that. The waitresses are to be commended for keeping up as well as they did, though you could tell they were feeling the stress. Good food, lovely surroundings and friendly, helpful servers. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Lemongrass is a hidden treasure on downtown main street in Greenville. The flavor profile is surprisingly good considering their price point. If you like Thai food this is a solid choice. Peaceful ambience with beautiful surroundings. There may be a await but worth it.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We had no plans for lunch when we arrived in Greenville so we just started walking. We saw Lemongrass from across the street. We crossed and checked the menu posted in the window. We decided to take a chance. The lunch menu is smaller than the dinner menu but still offered many choices. There were vegetarian options and options with chicken, shrimp or meat. The heat of the dishes is marked with red peppers, the more red peppers the hotter the dish. I really wanted curry but all of the curry dishes were 2 or more peppers. I asked if the curry could be made at the one pepper heat level and it was. There was just enough heat. The vegetables in the entrees were fresh and crisp-tender. Each of our entrees included a small spring roll that was hot and crunchy. For the 4 of us, including tax and tip, the check was $52. We did not have any drinks. The server was pleasant and polite, checking up on us but not intrusive. The decor is interesting with photos and what looked like dolls hanging on the walls and a large carved boat on a wall dividing the room into 2 sections.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Stopped in on a Friday evening. Food was very good and no waiting. Service was good and food was served quickly.