“Cutest little coffee shop!”
Review of Methodical Coffee

Methodical Coffee
Ranked #13 of 49 Quick Bites in Greenville
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I am from out of town and I came across this coffee shop for the first time and fell in love! It is super cute and trendy on the inside. There are a few different tables and high tops for seating but overall, there is not a ton of space. It would be a great place to meet up with a friend or study. But more importantly, their coffee has a great taste. I got the pour over and an americano. The coffee was super smooth and had a great taste. They also had a few pastries and bites to eat but I did not get to try any. The workers were very friendly and helpful. They roast their own beans and I ended up buying two bags to take home. I have made the beans at home and they are great... I will be ordering more online and I will definitely be back to this little coffee shop. I highly recommend this place if you're in the downtown Greenville area!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Just got back from Seattle and the only place even close to Methodical was Storyville in terms of decor and ambiance. Another shop that comes to mind is Revelator. Great Service really separates Methodical from basically every other coffee shop everywhere. Baked goods were fresh and delicious at 9 am on a Sunday. Coffee was superb even though the double shot of espresso was not pulled properly. Pour Overs in Kalita Waves were delicious. When you can actually recognize and experience the tasting notes in the coffee its BRAVO time. So few coffee shops can do this well. As a person in the coffee business I can truly appreciate Methodical as the embodiment of excellence. Thank you.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Love the location, and the simplicity and trendiness of it... but... 3:00 pm on a Friday afternoon... maybe 3 customers who already had their drinks...I ordered a large ( biggest size they have) latte with almond milk. The girl was super friendly. There were 2 other employees making drinks. It took 10 minutes! And..... the baristas wouldn’t have made it at all if the girl hadn’t said “hey... where’s the latte?” At which time they quickly made it. They were extremely busy chatting with themselves. That was annoying. The flavor was EXCEPTIONAL but it was lukewarm at best. It’s very chilly in there and no where to get comfortable. When the door opens, it’s cold. It was $5.60 for a barely 12 oz cup!! I was shocked!!! The cup is the size of a Starbucks tall. Too expensive, too small of servings, too cold... great flavor. I think o will stick with my all time favorite Coffee Underground across the street. Much better value and ambience. I was pretty disappointed with MC. Unfortunately .

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Relax64918
Reviewed 22 January 2018

My husband & I both grew up in the Greenville area but recently moved away. We always make sure to take a trip to Methodical whenever we are back in the Greenville area. The service is fantastic - the workers are very friendly and always willing to explain the menu to you and give personal recommendations. Our favorite thing to get is a pour over of whatever blend they have at the moment, or we get a few glasses of red wine. We typically buy a few bags of their freshly roasted coffee to take back home with us. Only complaint is it can be a little on the pricey side. (pour overs are usually about $6-7 depending on if you tip) Delicious, great atmosphere, always an enjoyable experience! If you are a true coffee lover, this experience is a must!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Average mid-scale American hipster coffee joint that takes itself too seriously, and takes far too long to get your very costly order to you.

Very cute. Pretty design. Great location. Tasty products.

Head and shoulders above most competitors on Main Street, but regionally, average.

Date of visit: December 2017