“Very very pleased”

Drury Inn & Suites Greenville
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
“Very very pleased”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Come to Gville often. This is a nice hotel. What makes it a great hotel is that its super clean and the perks. The perks being hot breakfast, dinner snacks,free soda machine, and popcorn. Indoor/outdoor pool is very nice. Rooms are nice..non descript... Bathrooms roomy and updated nicely.... And clean clean clean... I know.. Got the stomach bug when I was there this week.... Spent a lot of time on the bathroom floor... You tend to notice things.... And that bathroom was clean.... Our new favorite hotel in Greenville

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Queenwolfert
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Stayed here last weekend with my wife, three kids and our dog. The clerk at the front desk was very nice and upgraded our room for free since it was our first stay and she thought we could use the extra space. Very thoughtful and we did appreciate the additional space.

The breakfast was good. The dinner was an added bonus. The room was clean and overall the hotel is well maintained. Would stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank dabazzz
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We were in town with the family. Arrived late on a Friday and left early Saturday morning. I had originally booked a room through the website, then someone told me about a discount on the website that I had missed. I called and they changed my reservation without any problems and charged me the discounted price. I did have a cancellation fee, but I was sure I was going. Look at the website good. I just went straight to the reservation process and missed it. I did hear dogs on the way to my room, but I didn't hear any once I was in the room nor did I see any. Breakfast was ok. They do offer a little more than most who offer the free breakfast. Nice big room and seemed to have been updated lately. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank scywilliams
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 29 February 2012

The Drury Inn has a terrific indoor/outdoor pool. My daughter loved swimming under the wall. The free snacks and drinks are not the healthiest, but they are filling. Free breakfast includes waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy. Plenty to fill up on. The desk people are helpful and freindly, the rooms are large and clean. Free internet and free parking, and a reasonable location make this my favorite place to stay with my 8yr old daughter when I go to Greenville.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank timfaraway
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My family and I stayed at Drury Inn in Greenville because we came to visit the Children Museum (very nice). The hotel lobby and eatery were nice and clean. The rooms were nice but the bedspread needed to be updated as it looked like something from the 80's; but the bathroom and fixtures were very modern and clean. Room did have a microwave and fridge which was wonderful with small children. The hotel was recommended by a friend and she said pets were welcomed and I was thinking on average small pets/family pets that people do travel with. Unfortunately, the weekend we were there it was a dog show in town and dogs were everywhere some the sizes of horses( I wish someone had told me). This is where my rating for the hotel goes down. I clearly understand accepting pets but there should be a limit on size/weight of pets and possibly designate certain floors so people whom do not want to be around pets or have allergies can still enjoy the stay. We were in room 401 and right next door was someone with 2 dogs that barked throughout the night LOUDLY. So my stay was not restful and my 1 year old was up and down through the night. In addition, when getting on the elevator with others and luggage there were 2 Great Dames that probably weighed more then me and my daughter had a strong hold on me that almost took my breath and she is not scared of dogs but they were so big she probably did not realize they were dogs. The constant barking was enough to end our trip and not stay another night.I have to admit the complimentary food at 5:30 and buffet breakfast (included in room rates) is a huge plus but I am still wondering if that is worth risking no sleep b/c of dogs barking and taking a chance that the room I sleep in has been ran through by dogs, cats, etc.?

And there was poop all over the front lawn, in which you do have to walk through to get to the front door.

So my question for Drury Inn, can you alternate floors for which pets are allowed and put a limit on the size/weight of pets allowed? And if you are going to allow pets can you make sure your grounds are poop free?

Room Tip: Ask if any dogs shows are in town when you plan to visit.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you for choosing Drury Inn and Suites in Greenville, SC. I am pleased to hear that your room was to your liking. We will be updating our bedding soon with a modern touch. However, I am disappointed that there were issues concerning pets during your stay. We do have a pet policy that guests sign when they bring pets to the hotel. Unfortunately, they do not always follow our policies and use the stairwells and back or side entrances as is outlined in our policy and we are not always made aware immediately if there pets do not fall within our weight guidelines. I understand that you have spoken with our General Manager In Training, and hope that the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. Should this not be the case, or should you have any questions or needs I may help with, please contact me directly at the hotel. I do hope you give us another try to see what Drury is truly about- exceptional service and a world-class experience.

We hope to see you again soon!

Michelle Parks