“Always great!!!! The best filet mingon ever!!”

California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #54 of 1,008 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: California Dreaming serves up giant-sized portions of much-loved American classics like mouthwatering, “fall-off-the-bone” baby back ribs, slow-cooked Prime Rib and the California Dreaming Salad – loaded with ham, turkey, cheddar and jack cheeses, eggs, tomatoes, almonds, topped with ham and bacon. The menu specialties are complemented by creative cocktails in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Offering large party carry-out and catering; curbside to go; seasonal patio dining; late night bar bites and accessibility for groups.
Reviewed 24 May 2018

Went to our favorite restaurant for a delayed Mothers' Day on May 19. Since we are 1.5 hrs away, don't get there often enough....have been going since 1986. Food was perfect as always; always must have the filet for special occasions but it's pricey. Daniel was wonderful...AND Thank You for the return of the creamed spinach!!!! Have NEVER had a bad steak! Amazing!!

Reviewed 23 May 2018

I went in that restaurant a few weeks ago and ordered a 2 bones pork chop. The meat was completely carbonized, probably cooked under the flame, which is absolutely not good for the health. I don't understand how they can propose carbonized meat to their customers. I don't recommend this restaurant.

CentraArchy-Rest, Guest Relations Manager at California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Hi Claudionauta, I'm sorry to hear you were less than pleased with our Pork Chops. They are prepared on a SouthBend broiler, one of the very best infrared broilers on the market. Thank you for providing us feedback.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Well here is one restaurant I will never be back to. Usually when you find hair in your food they take 1/2 off or take it off your bill. Nope not this place. My husband pulled a long hair( I have short) out of my salad. I had only ate a quarter of it and was going to take the rest home. After that didn't want to. But still had to to pay for the whole thing. I will never be back

1  Thank Amy Y
Reviewed 17 April 2018

California Dreaming is a favorite stop on our trips back north from visiting Alabama. Our standard fare is always prime rib. We have found that the proportions and quality of the prime rib cut has been very consistent from one visit to the next, even though trips are months apart. Service is always good and we have found meals to be well prepared. Salads, with their signature rolls, is very tasty. Other side items have always been good, but nothing special. Cocktails look very interesting, but never tried one.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This is my third and final trip to California Dreaming. The first trip I ordered a shrimp dish and the shrimp were not thoroughly cooked. They were still grey! This trip, I ordered fried flounder and red mashed potatoes. Don't know what they did to potatoes but they were not goid. The flounder still had the skin on! I have received broiled fish with the skin on but never fried. It was disgusting!

CentraArchy-Rest, Guest Relations Manager at California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hi Libby, We appreciate you taking us seriously enough to express these concerns in writing. We pride ourselves in serving fresh, high quality food and I'm sorry to hear that your food was not prepared to your liking. I will pass the details of your meal along to our staff and while I cannot change the past, I encourage you to join us again so that we can show you that we can do a much better job than what you experienced.