“Probably the best meal we had in Greenville”
Review of Soby's

Soby's
Reserve with OpenTable
Soby's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 946 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 55
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Court St.
Description: Soby's New South Cuisine is a blend of contemporary cuisine infused with traditional southern ingredients. The restaurant opened in 1997 and is housed in the warm environment of a renovated, century-old building and has a mezzanine level that can accommodate large parties ordering a la carte. Starting with fresh, seasonal ingredients, our chefs transform Southern favorites into something comfortable and fresh. The wine list is a consistent winner of Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast awards. Signature dishes include Barbecue Shrimp and Grits, Fried Green Tomatoes with Jalapeno Pimento Cheese, and Crab Cakes Remoulade.
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ate dinner at Soby's on a Friday night. The food was excellent. We started with the fried green tomatoes which were very good. For our entrees, my wife had the crab cakes and I ate the shrimp and grits. Both were excellent. My only issue was that we were seated over the kitchen and the temperature of the room there was fairly warm. Otherwise had we been seated in the main dining room this probably would have been a five rating

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I've been a big fan of this restaurant since I was first introduced to it back in 2000... 1st, whether you're single, on a date, out with another couple, or a family night out, Soby's has you covered.

Walk in: Cool bar seen, great location, (can get a little noisy depending on your table distance from bar)... (like I said,they have all angles covered... ) or you could have a totally peaceful quiet meal at a more tucked away table up or to the back if you'd prefer... None of which really matters, we're here for the food, right?

Food? Oh yeah, you like Braised Shortribs? I love braised Shortribs (thanks to Sobys). Ever since I 1st experienced these unbelievable, fall apart with a fork, delectables, I find myself ordering them at restaurants (well known spots) all across the country... And I'm disappointed every time... Yeah, at Sobys, they are that good (no pressure on the Sobys kitchen staff... )

OH and the "She Crab Soup"... hated it my entire life,,, tried it not knowing what it was years ago at Sobys... You know I'M A HUGE FAN of "She Crap Soup" now? I KNOW!!?? Try it, try it all, they really nailed their menu. Not lengthy (which is important), they have perfected what they cook, every item on that menu ROCKS. So, GO TO SOBY'S. EAT SHE CRAB SOUP AND BRAISED SHORTRIBS, you won't be disappointed... ;)

Hope this helped those of you asking each other "what do you feel like eating tonight??? "....

... "SOBY'S !!!!"

(and everyone else too)

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We had an awesome dinner here with the She Crab Soup with a touch if Sherry to the delicious Crab Cakes all the way through to the main event - slow braised Short Ribs.

Tender and lean and full of deliciousness served by none other than Super Dave our Server!

Excellent service and everything was prepared correctly these folks don't disappoint!

Enjoy!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Started our meal with biscuits which I felt were dry and lacked any butter, oil, or dipping sauce. Could be just me though.

Shecrab soup was puréed so didn't have any pieces of crab. It was also very salty.

Shrimp and grits were great. Would have liked a spicer tomato sauce in the grits but overall lots of shrimp.

The bacon wrapped pork was cooked really well-very moist and huge pieces.

Meal was very filling.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Perfect location in downtown Greenville. Very close to the Peace Center for performing arts - Broadway Series and Greenville Symphony. Can still take a casual walk through Greenville. This includes Falls Park and all the development there.
The menu is varied, wine choices and specialty drinks are extensive. Great service and perfect for dinner before performances. Valet parking available. Hotels in central Greenville are " right across the street". Great choice for special occasions or just a night out. Enjoy!!!