“Fried Green Tomatoes”

Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: What constitutes "New South Flavors?" For us, it is begins with reverence for those time-honored Southern dishes. Served up by wonderful home cooks for years. We respect the freshness, the flavors and the food itself. But we like to jazz it up a little, add something deliciously unexpected to delight your palate. Our interpretation of traditional Southern fare is creative, inventive and satisfyingly scrumptious. Cheers to New South Flavor!
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I had to get my craving of fried green tomatoes satisfied before I headed home to the west coast. LoVed LoVed these, along with the fried chicken (get the gravy on the side). The tomatoes were cut thick. Delightful chunks. And was pleasantly surprised that the fried chicken was boneless.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Tupelo Honey

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Ate outside at a bar surface that was first-come, first served yesterday. It was a gorgeous day and a nice setting. The food was unique and very tasty. Our server was SLOW. The couple to my right started complaint out loud. The couple to our left wanted a quick meal and it took them 2 hours. They weren't happy. We waited awhile. Finally ordered. She only brought one of our drinks. Later she came back and asked if we were ready to order?!? (We had already ordered with her). She was very nice and perhaps she was learning or new../I don't know.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Our male waiter was very disinterested in bringing us refills or food. I finally went inside and found a waitress to bring the forgotten part of our order to the table. She was very nice and I wish we would have had her as a server.
The eggs Benedict was cold and had to be sent back. When it did come back the side of grits was still not provided.I loved eating outside with the nice breeze. The blueberry compote and tupelo honey were fantastic. The collards and pork sandwich was extremely salty.
I really wanted to like this place but we won't be back. The waiter asked how the food was when he brought the bill. We told him the crab on the eggs Benedict was extremely fishy. He walked away as we were trying to tell him that. Obviously he did not want an answer to his question.
The mimosas were good as was the pear salad.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We brought out of town guests for lunch. The biscuits were a big hit. The pork sandwich with a side of cheese grits was very good. Chicken bacon sandwich and pimento cheese hamburger good too. Service was excellent .Definitely will go back.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Having traveled from afar we came for lunch at Tupelo Honey. Girls ordered salads which they thoroughly enjoyed. I , however, had a chicken breast sandwich which I must say was a little tough. All-in-all lunch was pretty good.