“Beautiful setting overlooking the waterfall”

Passerelle French Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Passerelle French Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 966 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Make sure you make a reservation to be able to sit overlooking the waterfall...Even though there are several tables outside, there are only 3 of them that actually give you a great view of the waterfall. The manager was very nice by coming by 3 or 4 times to make sure we were having a great experience with our meal. We ordered salads but was a little disappointed because I though "baby lettuce" was like butter lettuce....but instead it was field greens which are too bitter for me. I had grilled shrimp on mine and it was delicious. My husband had grilled chicken on his and it was just ok.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for drinks and appetizers on a hot afternoon. I had a Dirty Frenchman (excellent) and my husband had a lemonade bourbon fizz drink which was also good. We ordered a cheese plate and were very pleased with the choices of cheese presented. Our waiter, Milton, was fantastic, very attentive with a great personality. Definitely worth your time & money to stop in at Passerelles.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I ran out of time to eat here but will do so upon my next visit so why do I review this establishment? Simple. A staff represents the place they work for and this staff is so wonderful that so must be this restaurant. I was walking around the river and wanted a hot cup of tea so I assumed I could do take out at this bistro. When I asked for a hot tea and simultaneously realized this was more of a sit down restaurant, the staff rose to the occasion and brought me my tea in a teapot with take out cups. They went out of their way to make a customer happy even though this particular customer was an "on the run". Well done and deserves to be recognized. I hear the coconut cake is phenomenal so maybe before I need to leave this adorable, comfortable city I will partake!!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Stopped in for a Sunday lunch. The view is excellent if you can get by the wall with a view of the river. Nice outside anywhere. We had the chicken salad on a baquette and the Salad Nicoise. Great bread and the fresh tuna on the salad was fantastic. But the kicker is the coconut cake for dessert. The best either of us have ever had - anywhere - and we have been everywhere. If you in Greenville and the weather is good - this is a must try.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We wanted to try something different for dinner other than our normal downtown go to's such as Soby's, Larkins, and Rick Erwin's. We opted to sit outside since the inside was loud and the kitchen made it smokey and a little warm. We did have reservations and we were seated immediately. The outside seating area is nice, however, I do feel that some efforts need to be made to try and make it a little more enjoyable in regards to keeping the flies away. Small fans strategically placed would do wonders. First off the wine list is extremely limited in my opinion and the wines are not really of high quality except for a couple so that was a little disappointing. We like to order by the bottle and they only had one choice for a Cabernet. We started with the crab cake appetizer which was very good and had a lot of meat in it. Then we both ordered the steak frites. While it was cooked perfectly and had really good flavor I was disappointed that I was paying $25 for flank steak. If you are going to serve this cheap of a meat then it needs to be tenderized somewhat to make it easier to chew. I noticed a couple tables around us ordered the chicken and while it looked good the menu description stated half a chicken. These plates had two small drumsticks which in my mind does not constitute "half a chicken" and I would not have been pleased with being served something that is generally meant to be eaten with your hands. We opted not to have dessert since we weren't really impressed overall. We will be back but now knowing the environment it will be for lunch.