“Good breakfast.”
Review of Roost

Roost
Reserve with OpenTable
Roost is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 930 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Main and East North Street
Description: Roost provides a welcoming, friendly and unobtrusive environment where you'll feel a sense of community. Side by side we nestle together and experience how it feels to share a space, to share a city, to share a world. We savor how good food can taste when it's a part of our community. Our menu features local, organic, and seasonal foods of the highest quality. Talented Chefs design and create menu items and present them with skill and confidence in our show kitchen. The menu is priced to fit every budget and every occasion.
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is the Hyatt's in house eatery and is worth visiting. When we arrived, we had a glass of wine on the outdoor deck and watched the street traffic. For SW Florida residents, being able to sit outside in August in comfort is rare and precious indeed! The wine pours are generous and the prices reasonable. We had breakfast in the Roost the next morning. My wife pronounced her omelette delicious. As usual I had sausage gravy with biscuits and eggs. The gravy and biscuits were delicious, but the sausage patties were tough. Coffee was good and the service excellent.

00gc, General Manager at Roost, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Jerry, thank you for dining with us and for taking the time to post a review. We work hard to make our guests happy and are delighted to read that you loved our breakfast offerings and the wine selections. We will use your feedback in an effort to improve our overall guest experience. We thank you again for the nice rating and hope you and your wife will return to enjoy more of our fresh food and brews.

Chris George

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Roost

Reviewed 3 August 2017

While drinks are expensive they are usually pretty potent!!! The food has never impressed me. Service can be good or just ok depending on the day, time and server. They are almost always busy due to their location. They are located next to the Hyatt on Noma Square. You can eat and drink, sit outside in a covered environment and watch and listen to the music. We decided to stop by after the music, sit outside and enjoy the evening weather. We have eaten here a few times. Again, nothing special. Great location and drinks!!!

00gc, General Manager at Roost, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Michael, thank you for your nice review. It was so nice to read you enjoyed our beverages and loved our location in NOMA Square. We hope to welcome you back to Roost again soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Perfect "in hotel" eatery (and bar) for those staying at the Hyatt with a great layout for anyone walking by to partake in as well. We decided to have lunch at Roost after checking in and really enjoyed the open air dining by the fountain at NOMA square. The atmosphere is great indoors and out, but the real bonus was the creative menu with flavors that taste as great as they read! We split a cheddar burger with fries and a pepperoni flatbread - both were delicious. (The fries were worth the guilt!) The service was great, too. You can tell the staff is happy and gets along well which adds to the experience. We stopped by on way back to our room later and sat at the bar - Hannah and Jason were awesome bartenders. Extensive bar selections and handcrafted cocktail offerings! Try the cool and spicy margarita :)

00gc, General Manager at Roost, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you for dining at Roost and for taking the time to post a great review. We are thrilled to know you loved our ambiance and the delicious food we serve, especially our burger with fries and our mouth watering flatbread. I will surely share your praises with Hannah and Jason for a job well-done. We hope you will be back to see us again soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

The restaurant and decor looks very fancy, but unfortunately the food wasn't nearly as nice as the fancy decor. For the high price, I was expecting some high quality food. Me and my partner where disappointed with the food. I hope they make improvements with the food quality.

00gc, General Manager at Roost, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Daniel, thank you for dining at Roost, and I’m glad that you enjoyed our overall atmosphere. That being said, I was disappointed to know you and your husband were not pleased with the food we offer. I will speak with the culinary staff about your concerns to see where improvements can be made. Our menu changes seasonally, so I hope you will come see us again to try other items. I am sure you will enjoy our fresh new dishes.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Chose this place because it was 100* outside and most other restaurants had their door open and it was inside (I don't like eating while hot). Very beautiful inside and out. Waiter was great. My husband loved his BBQ sandwich. I got a chicken sandwich what was a little fancier for my taste (very picky eater), so while I can't say it wasn't good, I had a lot of the stuff left off, which obviously it needed, as it was a little dry for me. The French dip with homemade BBQ potato chips was great separate, but the two together wasn't too good- it was weird. Probably won't be back, but I can see a lot of people liking this place. Looked at the dinner menu though..... and wow at those prices. Meatloaf was over $20, ribeye was $33 and then they had sandwiches and lot stuff off their lunch menu.

00gc, General Manager at Roost, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Tammie, thank you for your review of Roost. We are glad you liked our affordable rates and your overall dining experience. Our menu changes as local farms change their products, and I know you will find something on the menu to love. We hope to welcome you and your husband back again so you can enjoy some of our delicacies.