Ruth's Chris Steak House - Downtown Greenville
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Downtown Greenville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 968 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 100
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Description: Ruth’s Chris Steak House is bringing the sizzle to downtown Greenville. Boasting the best USDA Prime steaks, an award winning wine list, legendary hospitality, and stunning vistas of the Reedy River, Ruth’s Chris in Downtown Greenville is the perfect place to indulge your senses. Conveniently located in the Embassy Suites Downtown Greenville at RiverPlace, Ruth’s Chris serves dinner nightly and features state-of-the-art private dining facilities. Contact our Sales Manager, Alex Feinberg, today to learn more about booking your event at Ruth’s Chris in Downtown Greenville!
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Ruth's Chris downtown nook is one of our favorite spots. The drinks and food are excellent, the view is great, and the staff is incredible. We love seeing Tyler and John, especially. They take perfect care of us and we always sit in Tyler's section. If you want a great night now, we'd highly suggest this restaurant.

Kirk W, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House - Downtown Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

It's always a pleasure having you and your family join us for a meal. I'm so glad the service is top notch for you all. Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback -- we appreciate it! Looking forward to having you join us again sometime soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

My wife an I celebrated our birthdays with wine and dinner - we were greeted and treated with smiles and very friendly staff. Our server Josh was very personable, and did a great job making sure we were informed of our food options. His recommendations were very good. The manager John also made sure we enjoyed our evening. The salad, steaks and desert were prepared and served perfectly. The wine selection very good.
Will return!
Jim & Nancy

I'm thrilled you and your wife celebrated your birthdays with us. It was a pleasure having you both here! Thank you so much for the excellent feedback -- we're always here for you. Looking forward to welcoming you two back for more celebrations to come.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful setting. Conveniently located in our hotel so dinner was a few minutes away! Josh provided excellent service and made sure our dinner was special. Steaks were delicious and the sweet potato casserole was one of the best I've ever tasted. We will definitely return again when in the area. Josh is the man!

I am so glad you enjoyed your meal with us. It was a pleasure having you here. It's wonderful knowing the steaks and service were top notch for you. I look forward to welcoming you back next time you're in town!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I have eaten in some Ruth Chris locations and I have never understood what drives their business. I don't care for the heavy char they put on the beef in "1800 degree" broilers or whatever they are. To me it ruins the flavor of good beef. I was with a group that made arrangements to dine at this location. I didn't want any beef so I asked if the salmon on the menu was wild caught or farm raised. The waiter had no clue so she went to check with the chef. I was assured it was wild caught. One of the others in my party and also did not want beef and also ordered the salmon when she heard it was wild caught. She is from Seattle so she knows something about salmon. When the food came to the table it was immediately obvious by the color that it was farm raised. I was pissed but I didn't say anything as we were being hosted for the meal. My companion at a couple of bites and pushed her plate away. I ate some of it but was dissatisfied with the fish. I have eaten many varieties of salmon all over the world and I really enjoy it when it is dark with little fat and lots of flavor. It was very unfortunate but again nether of us wanted to make a big deal out it. Bottom line is I was lied to and I won't be back. Way too many fine restaurants in G'ville to take another with chance RC.

Kirk W, Owner at Ruth's Chris Steak House - Downtown Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback. It's clear your recent experience fell short of your expectations, and for that I am truly sorry. So that I may personally apologize and do what I can to make things right, I do hope you'll consider giving me a call back at your earliest convenience, (864) 242-2000. Hope to hear from you.

Hannah Dale, Assistant GM

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Excellent experience - staff was extremely knowledgeable on menu items, service was great and the food was delicious.

Management was also excellent, great presence and made us feel extremely welcome, great personalization and customer service. We will definitely be back!

Kirk W, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House - Downtown Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

I'm so glad the food and service was top notch for you. It was a pleasure having you join us! Thank you for the incredible feedback. I hope to see you back sometime soon.