“Great service, location view, great food”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 983 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 100
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to the nearest Ruth's Chris Steak House.
Reviewed 11 August 2017

My wife an I celebrated our birthdays with wine and dinner - we were greeted and treated with smiles and very friendly staff. Our server Josh was very personable, and did a great job making sure we were informed of our food options. His recommendations were very good. The manager John also made sure we enjoyed our evening. The salad, steaks and desert were prepared and served perfectly. The wine selection very good.
Will return!
Jim & Nancy

Kirk W, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

I'm thrilled you and your wife celebrated your birthdays with us. It was a pleasure having you both here! Thank you so much for the excellent feedback -- we're always here for you. Looking forward to welcoming you two back for more celebrations to come.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful setting. Conveniently located in our hotel so dinner was a few minutes away! Josh provided excellent service and made sure our dinner was special. Steaks were delicious and the sweet potato casserole was one of the best I've ever tasted. We will definitely return again when in the area. Josh is the man!

I am so glad you enjoyed your meal with us. It was a pleasure having you here. It's wonderful knowing the steaks and service were top notch for you. I look forward to welcoming you back next time you're in town!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I have eaten in some Ruth Chris locations and I have never understood what drives their business. I don't care for the heavy char they put on the beef in "1800 degree" broilers or whatever they are. To me it ruins the flavor of good beef. I was with a group that made arrangements to dine at this location. I didn't want any beef so I asked if the salmon on the menu was wild caught or farm raised. The waiter had no clue so she went to check with the chef. I was assured it was wild caught. One of the others in my party and also did not want beef and also ordered the salmon when she heard it was wild caught. She is from Seattle so she knows something about salmon. When the food came to the table it was immediately obvious by the color that it was farm raised. I was pissed but I didn't say anything as we were being hosted for the meal. My companion at a couple of bites and pushed her plate away. I ate some of it but was dissatisfied with the fish. I have eaten many varieties of salmon all over the world and I really enjoy it when it is dark with little fat and lots of flavor. It was very unfortunate but again nether of us wanted to make a big deal out it. Bottom line is I was lied to and I won't be back. Way too many fine restaurants in G'ville to take another with chance RC.

Kirk W, Owner at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback. It's clear your recent experience fell short of your expectations, and for that I am truly sorry. So that I may personally apologize and do what I can to make things right, I do hope you'll consider giving me a call back at your earliest convenience, (864) 242-2000. Hope to hear from you.

Hannah Dale, Assistant GM

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Excellent experience - staff was extremely knowledgeable on menu items, service was great and the food was delicious.

Management was also excellent, great presence and made us feel extremely welcome, great personalization and customer service. We will definitely be back!

Kirk W, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

I'm so glad the food and service was top notch for you. It was a pleasure having you join us! Thank you for the incredible feedback. I hope to see you back sometime soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I went to Ruth's Chris with my boyfriend on a Saturday evening, we were immediately sat at the bar for some light appetizers and drinks. The two bartenders that served us were great, very friendly, and knowledgeable about the menu. The restaurant manager John Williams came to greet us and was extremely friendly and full of experience, as well as the Assistant GM, Hannah! Will defiantly will be going back for the wonderful experience and amazing food!

I am so glad you and your boyfriend enjoyed your time with us. Thank you so much for the excellent feedback -- we appreciate it. We hope you'll be back to dine with us sometime in the future.