Red Roof Inn Gaffney
US$ 76
US$ 73
US$ 130
US$ 123
All reviewswafflesroom was cleanquick checkfirst floorjenniferknobrriexitflooringoutletshairdryercouchscbeddinghighway
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I usually do not use Red Roof Inn hotels, but I was traveling alone and looking to save money. I found this Red Roof to be well above the same name brands that I have seen in the past. The hotel appears to be somewhat new and is very clean. The rooms are large and had free wi-fi, a fridge, and a microwave. It is also very close to a large shopping area with several restaurants nearby. The rate (about $45) beats almost everything else in the area and the hotel appears every bit as nice as the others. The free continental breakfast was a little lacking, but at least it was there. I would definitely stay here again if in the area. Also, I found this to be a perfect location between Cowpens National Battlefield and Kings Mountain Military Park (if you are planning on visiting these sites).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2011

First of all, this review is for all the people who had something bad to say about RF Inn. Please take your silver spoons out of your mouths before you start typing. My wife & I stayed three nights. This was our second time & we enjoyed our stay.By the way, if you payed more than 45 dollars per night you did not do your home work. Never pre book a hotel room in Gaffney S.C. because it's not a tourist area. Walk into the hotel without a reservation & a very big smile, strike up a short conversation, ask for AAA RATE then CORP RATE.Once you and the desk clerk realize there is no corp rate for you. Ask him or her if they would give you the corp rate if you pay with cash. Because, if you pay with a credit card the hotel has to pass the credit card usage junk fee over to you. Using cash can get you better deal.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My mother and I were in Gaffney for a family wedding and lodging choices in the area are not exactly top notch. So we based our selection on safety and cleanliness. The reveiws here on Trip Advisor seemed to agree that the Red Roof would fit that bill. Check-in was smooth. We had not specified a floor choice assuming an elevators would be available, however with only two floors there was no elevator. The representative quickly changed our room to a first floor, since my mother has problems climbing stairs.
Our room appeared clean, but there was a musty older smell. We ended up purchasing an freshner at the nearby outlet mall and that remedied the problem. This location defenitely needs updating. Older TV and decor in comparision to similar facilities in other cities and the newer Red Roofs advertised. Otherwise we were pleased with the room. A good selection of tv channels and after a night of walking around in white sock no real dirt.
The hotel offered a continental breakfast but with the busy weekend of wedding and family events, we did not try it. The location is great and the price would be hard to beat. Another chain hotel just on the other side of the interstate wanted twice the price we paid. We returned to our room well after dark both nights and were not the least bit fearful. Also, it was very nice having a fridge in the room for cold drinks.
Overall, I would stay here again. I do suggest that if you expect any phone calls check your phone. Ours apparenkly was unplugged by the previous guest and it was only after a relative's frantic call to our cell phone that we realized this. Also, no alarm clock or clock radio in the room. Thank goodness we had our cell phones. We had some degree of noise from the room above, but that is to be expected from a first floor room and it was not enough to bee use awake.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Nice staff reasonable price .We was on motorcycles went out of there way to accommodate us

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We stayed in the hotel for four nights and we completely enjoyed it. The staff was very friendly and helpful to us right from the beginning. They allowed us to bring our dogs with us for free when most places wanted a hefty fee for them if they were even allowed. The breakfast was tasty and the foliage outside was just beautiful. Very convenient to the outlet mall, which is why we came. We intend to stay here next time we visit.

Room Tip: Remind the desk clerk if you have AAA or any other discount.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple