“relaxing kayaking wear water shoes”
Review of Wilkinson's Landing - CLOSED

Wilkinson's Landing
More attraction details
Owner description: Edisto Island's home for excursions by boat to secluded beaches known as "Shell Island". Take a short trip by boat where your group will be dropped off to explore isolated shell covered beaches. Online reservations available.
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We had a great time!! I was a little nervous venturing out on our own considering we had only kayaked with a experienced person on two other occasions!! However it was fine!! No boat traffic they set up the timing of our trip with the tides really not that hard of work! We were provided a map! We pulled into shell,beach area and filled a plastic bag of beautiful shells between the three of us. I even found a intact sand dollar! Price was within reason! Would go again in a heart beat!

3  Thank grlsensitiveone
"take home"
"bug spray"
"oysters"

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We rented kayaks for a short paddle out to shell island. The owner was extremely friendly and easy going. We just called to set up the day and time. The island was almost empty when we arrived and there were shells everywhere. I had fun walking in the tide pools and seeing what wildlife I could find. We brought a number of cool shells back with us. It was a fun excursion!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We had a great time on Shell Island! The location is beautiful and shells are abundant. Captain Michael is friendly and easy to work with and the prices are reasonable.

This is a great trip for families - we all had a blast!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I think this was our 3rd or 4th trip with Michael to shell island. I love the beautiful beach and abundance of shells. We took my husband's parents with us and Michael posted a picture of my mother in law on FB with her shell finds! Plan to go back in September and potentially try the kayaking.

1  Thank BeachGirl0214
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This is a great family friendly place. The prices are reasonable (cash or check only) and their are several options for you to choose from if you want to do shelling. My daughter and I went kayaking to Shell Island. It was our first time kayaking and the owner recommended a time that correlated with low tide. It was perfect for our first experience. The amount and variety of shells on the island was incredible. Boat/water shoes are recommended as there are some sharp/jagged areas with shells. We had gone on a shelling expedition from Charleston the day before and this place was 10 x better! My daughter liked it so much that she wants to go back again. She said it was the best thing she has done on her vacation so far!

4  Thank travelincarls