“Relaxing Family Vacation”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Bunratty...
Knoxville, Tennessee
“The View and Sunsets were beautiful BUT...........”
Reviewed 28 August 2015 for a stay in October 2014

This house is older which is fine but does old mean poorly maintained and dirty? It certainly shouldn't!
Here are the cons of this house. Under the house was an old junky kitchen cabinet and kitchen table They looked like they were to be thrown in the trash!. No swing, hammock or picnic table which are shown in the photo. Inside the garage it was a dirty, dirty mess. It was beyond a mess, really!! It was horrible! The front window had no window covering on it of any kind therefore when it got dark you could see through the house from the road. No privacy! The house was also in need of a thorough cleaning and much paint!! The owners family photos were displayed in the living room and on the walls. One of which was of a naked man wrapped in a towel!! Am I the only one who thinks that's weird??? I've rented vacation homes many times and never have I seen family photos displayed. Two lamp shades were broken in the master bedroom. Now this is the best of it all! After sleeping two nights in one bedroom, I awoke on the third day with severe back pain. That's when I noticed the bed had two large body indentations in the top of it. The pain was so bad that I knew I needed to be seen by a chiropractor or my vacation would be ruined. There was no available chiropractor on the island that day so I had to drive to Charleston (an hour away in pain) in rush hour traffic to be seen by Dr. Ann Jenkins, who was outstanding! Thank you Dr. Jenkins!!!
After I got home I called the management company I rented from and they were good enough to reimburse some of my money. I was told I should have called them right away and they would have done something about the mattress immediately but the damage was done and there were other beds to sleep in. This would be a nice rental if it was maintained. The location and views were great!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and sunsets
Liked least: the bedding
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
15 Sep 2015
Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent visit to Edisto Island. The "Salley House" is one of our most popular homes on the St. Helena Sound beach and we are sorry that some items were disappointing. We contacted the owner immediately, and they have taken steps to remove the "left over summer juuk" and any other items that might be unsightly. These owners are very involved in their home and were sorry these items were not addressed before your arrival. We hope that you will come again and please let Edisto Realty help with your vacation planning.
AvidVacat...
Tennessee
“Relaxing Family Vacation”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

We loved this location. The views were beautiful. The house was cozy with just enough space for two families. The beach was great.

Value Location
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
14 Jul 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay. Between the sunsets, the dolphins, and the beach, you picked a perfect home. Come see us again. You see the colors in the fall and winter during sunsets- Wow!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing