“An excellent choice for beach week!”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
kcola123
Lakeland, Florida
“An excellent choice for beach week!”
Reviewed 29 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

I chose "Slowpoke" home for my family to stay in for a beach week. Most of my family are in their 60's- 80's. Being that I live in FL, I had to rely on house pictures and reviews to make my choice. I know how important these reviews are so I'm being very specific. The house is very nice and I am recommending to any large family. There are plenty of single/double beds and one king. It is very spacious for a large group to spend time and socialize. The dine table is large for big crowds. The kitchen is large for cooking big meals. These features are very important to my older folks to eat, socialize and cat nap all day.. The younger folks enjoyed spending time at the beach only a block away (and nice beach!!). My only faults with this house is that it could use some updating.. AC UNIT: it is blowing cold air, but it's weak and on hot days it struggles to keep the house cooled .. the agency brought us a support AC unit and 3 fans to help (thank you it was helpful!). BEDROOMS: a couple beds are getting old and squeaky (particulary BR2 by porch.. it's warm all day and the ceiling fan only does low). KITCHEN: Good supply of pots/pans for cooking but some elect.equipment is worn out (especially coffee machine... bring your own!!). Also bring ice trays (I could not find any in home) ... or bring lots of bagged ice to start. PORCH: the plastic table/chairs are worn out.. one of chair's arms is broken and pinches the elbow. BATHROOM: All good, lots of shelving. Anyhow, these "issues" sound picky but just for your information.. it did NOT interrupt our stay. Again, I recommend Slowpoke. My family agree that it was a great choice. Karen W.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
9 Mar 2017
Karen,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We value your feedback. We are thrilled that your family enjoyed a relaxing beach week at Slowpoke on Edisto Beach. Since your stay some upgrades have been made to the HVAC, but during 95 - 100 degree heat all of the homes will struggle to stay below 78 - 80 degrees. The ceiling fan in the second bedroom has been replaced as well as the outdoor furniture. Also, the coffee maker replaced. We can generally provide replacement kitchen equipment so don't hesitate to contact our office if you find a coffee maker, mixer, etc in poor working condition. We would love to be your family's host during any season! We are always a phone call away.
Regards,
Atwood Vacations Team
Newberry, SC, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Management Response
4 Sep 2013
Lyn,
We've just received your review. Thank you so much for choosing to spend your vacation with us. This home was recently updated! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the new and improved Slowpoke. We would love to have you stay with us anytime.
Regards,
Atwood Vacations Team
Swanton, VT, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

GA
Reviewed 8 September 2011 for a stay in September 2011

NE
Reviewed 21 August 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing