“Good food, sweet people”
Review of Sombrero Room

Sombrero Room
Ranked #28 of 34 Restaurants in Dillon
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 April 2017

Dined here the evening before we left South of the Border. We had the salad bar, and had more than enough to eat. The menu selection is good, and the staff is friendly and capable

Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

So we came into this restaurant at 8:40 pm and did not feel very welcome because they closed at nine.

We ordered our food and it came in several waves so we were unable to all eat together.

I ordered the chicken quesadilla which was very tasty, and well prepared.

I also ordered buffalo chicken wings as an appetizer or. It was the last thing to arrive and the sauce was on the side rather being cooked into the chicken wings. Not really up to standard.

My daughter had chicken fingers which were average at best and my wife had a Reuben which she found unimaginative.

We were the only people in the restaurant so I can't really comment on the atmosphere however the restaurant did have a kind of 50s quaintness to it.

I doubt that I will be back here again.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

The place is somewhat dated; but it is in South of the Border. Food okay; but there are other places with far more choices. Bathrooms need updating; Not very clean.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Food was terrible and overpriced. Don't know why we didn't think to check Trip Advisor before we went in there! Please don't waste your money.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

The waitress took 5 minutes to come before we were seen. When the food arrived it was cold and some foods were soggy. The waitress never came to check to see if we needed anything. The automatic tip was ridiculous. I refused to pay until the called the manager to take it off but, the manager was the waitress as well! She was very rude and disrespectful about the tip. I personally don't believe in tipping someone who provides bad service, especially if they are the manager as well.

Been to Sombrero Room? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK