“Not very welcoming”

Sombrero Room
Ranked #28 of 34 Restaurants in Dillon
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

So we came into this restaurant at 8:40 pm and did not feel very welcome because they closed at nine.

We ordered our food and it came in several waves so we were unable to all eat together.

I ordered the chicken quesadilla which was very tasty, and well prepared.

I also ordered buffalo chicken wings as an appetizer or. It was the last thing to arrive and the sauce was on the side rather being cooked into the chicken wings. Not really up to standard.

My daughter had chicken fingers which were average at best and my wife had a Reuben which she found unimaginative.

We were the only people in the restaurant so I can't really comment on the atmosphere however the restaurant did have a kind of 50s quaintness to it.

I doubt that I will be back here again.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

The place is somewhat dated; but it is in South of the Border. Food okay; but there are other places with far more choices. Bathrooms need updating; Not very clean.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Food was terrible and overpriced. Don't know why we didn't think to check Trip Advisor before we went in there! Please don't waste your money.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

The waitress took 5 minutes to come before we were seen. When the food arrived it was cold and some foods were soggy. The waitress never came to check to see if we needed anything. The automatic tip was ridiculous. I refused to pay until the called the manager to take it off but, the manager was the waitress as well! She was very rude and disrespectful about the tip. I personally don't believe in tipping someone who provides bad service, especially if they are the manager as well.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

On the way to Virginia, I stopped at South of the Border and had lunch. Having stopped here to look at some of the shops a few years back, I had fairly low expectations for their food. I ordered their tacos. The hard corn tortilla shells were the best part of the tacos. The meat which dominated the tacos tasted just like Taco Bell's meat. The nacho chips which came with the meal looked like and tasted exactly like bagged nacho chips you'd get in a grocery store. The salsa was very watery and flavorless, much like salsa I've purchased at a grocery store. The rice tasted like it had been reheated.
If stopping at South of the Border, visit the shops. At least there, you won't feel ripped off cause you'll know what you're spending your money on. Avoid Sombrero Room at all costs. The price was a ripoff cause the food was either old or tasted like it came straight from the grocery store.

Been to Sombrero Room? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK