“CONDEMN THIS PLACE”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Land O Lakes, Florida
“CONDEMN THIS PLACE”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The people who say that this place is good must work there. I stayed with my family of 5 on our way moving from CT to Tampa,FL. This was June '07. So this place hasnt changed. Musty carpet, hair on the sink, if i had a black light i would have seen bodily fluids everywhere. there was a old dusty mans button up shirt in the closet. the shower dripped when it was on full blast, i swore i saw streaks of who knows what on the wall, the tv was snowing and the cable that worked was QVC. I didnt bother going in the sheets because it smelled like death, seriouisly D O N O T S T A Y H E R E. go down a few more exits.

Room Tip: dont bother
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank durangedpilot
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I would have rather slept in my car. It stinks, toilet runs constantly, the bed is harder than concrete and that is putting it mildly. Then only reason we are staying here everything else was booked up. If you want to stay at the Bates Motel then this place is for you. My dog would throw his nose up at this place and I'm sure glad I left him with the babysitter because I would hate to torture him this way. Not ever again. I want my money back!!!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Vipermonley114

Travellers are raving about these Dillon hotels

Galax, Virginia
Reviewed 10 June 2011

When we checked in we were told the cable was out and so we checked out the pool. We have a 2 year old and the kiddy pool was full of dirt. The larger pool was dirty and full of bugs and other depris. There were people that came from across the road and got into the pool that were bathing? The toilet lid was not attached to commode so when I sat on it I slid into the tub. The toilet paper holder came out of the wall. The lights near bed wouldnt stay on unless you held the switch in. It was a non smoking room but the coffee pot was full of ashes. There were dead bugs all over. Lots of cob webs and a dead roach at least 2 inches long. The bed sheets were dirty and had blood and body fluids on them. It smelled like sewage. We changed rooms 2 times but wanted to leave and they wouldnt give our money back until we saw the manager the next morning. I slept 10 minutes all night. It was filthy. The next morning the manager laughed saying repeatedly, housekeeping is lazy. He gave us 10 dollars. I told him we would take up the matter with cooperate office and he said go ahead they will not give your money back either. It ruined our vacation .

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank traveler10061
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Front desk staff was friendly. I drove from the northeast to south florida and found that this Super 8 was clean as you can expect, with comfortable bedding and a relatively quiet nights sleep. I checked in around 6pm and left at 8am the next morning. I used this motel for just what it seems to be there for... an easy/on easy/off from I-95 to get yourself a nice nights sleep before heading back out in the morning. I paid about $45 which I found reasonable. You can't expect the Ritz, and I didn't, but I got my money's worth for a quick overnight stay. Would recommend.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2010

$50/night lured us in and we've never had a bad stay at a Super 8...until now. GOOD: Newer carpet, free wifi, furniture in decent shape, small fridge and micowave, OK analog TV. BAD: musty smell, dirty toilet seat, crickets and fly in the room, dirty/poorly maintained electrical outlets/switches/tiles/wall paint, not enought outlets, TV remote was partially broken, free shampoo bottle dirty with something (threw out), broken/worn out bed sitting on bare wooden box, bathroom door would not close and since inside knob did not turn not sure if you could open it if you could close it. We should have left after the first whiff and kept finding more issues the longer we stayed (one night). Wondering if I should try the continental breakfast...

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DRRCRA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
0.7 km away
Comfort Inn Lumberton
#5 of 23 in Lumberton
36.1 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327

Been to Motel Super 7? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK