“Service is below par.”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 March 2018

This was a very unfriendly place. You felt as if it was a chore to serve you. I usually return because of service and good food. The food was good, but I wouldn't return.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Their sign reads closes at 2 pm. We were hungry and excited to try this restaurant. We were eventually greeted by the hostess who told us they were closed and to come back at 5 if they close at 1:30, why do they post 2 pm. My suggestion would be to change the sign on their door!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

I wanted to try somewhere new for lunch so my teenage daughter saw Sumos and said "Let's go there!"

If you're in a hurry, don't go there. If you are in for something new, I highly recommend it.

I had the salad with ginger sauce while my daughter had the soup. Our cook was talented, friendly and entertained any questions we had. He even had my daughter help by tossing an egg in the air while he caught it with his spatula. Totally the coolest thing ever.

I had the shrimp and vegetables while my daughter had the chicken and vegetables. It was all very tasty but I did have to bring some home. For lunch, I felt it was very reasonable with the food, service and entertainment. I'd give it a nine. I didn't give it a ten due to the fact it as cold in there, but it's understandable due to the cook tops being right there.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 25 October 2017

A Good variety of food to choose from and super fun time watching them prepare it in front o f you. You will not leave hungry.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 24 September 2017

A group of us went to Sumo for lunch and it was absolutely amazing. Out of the 7 of us, 3 individuals had never been to a Japanese steakhouse & were quite skeptical. I told them to just try it, which they did. Everyone left the restaurant saying that Sumo would be a place that they would want to attend. Sumo was the best experience I have had at a Japanese Steakhouse in town. They were attentive and the food was great! The only thing that I would change was that you did not get the little bowl of sherbert at the end. Other than that, everything was great!

Date of visit: September 2017

Been to Sumo Japenese Steak House? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK