“Excellent ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

First visit in a while. Went with my husband. We were seated quickly & the service was very good. The Fried green tomatoes with pimento cheese was the right choice for an appetizer. I had the shrimp po boy & my husband had the oyster po boy. They were both excellent. We also tried the elder flower lemonade. I would strongly recommend trying this. And of course one of my favorite things about Mr. Friendly's is the TATER TOTS!!! Love it. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Leslie F

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Great farm to table type restaurant. Definitely will dine here again when I'm the area. The fried green tomatoes were divine. Wish more of the desserts were made in house.

1  Thank BrianJ34
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I was in Columbia with a friend for business last month. I had been to Mr. Friendly's several years ago with a group, so I wanted to give it a try once more and suggested it to my colleague as an option.

Even though we got to the restaurant once the lunch rush was in progress, our server was excellent. She was friendly, but not overly so, and she was able to provide us with good suggestions (especially for gluten-free options on the menu) as we made our selections. When one of the orders came to the table with the wrong side dish, she quickly went to the kitchen and brought the correct item to the table with a smile. She also made good recommendations for wine/cider.

The food was not what you might expect to find in a trend-setting establishment, but it was flavorful. The diners seemed to be locals - I took that that as a good sign.

I definitely would go to Mr. Friendly's once more. Note that they are not open for lunch on Saturdays, and parking can be tight.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

We were referred here by a local and I'm glad we went! The place was nice and the staff was great and the food was very good! I also had a mint-peach sweet tea martini and it was awesome. =) My hubby liked his scallops and chicken curry soup too!

For my vegan counterparts:
Although TA says that Mr. Friendly's has "vegan options", it's not true. Everything on the menu (including vegetarian special- veggie pesto pasta) had meat, cheese, butter or eggs in it. I had the watermelon salad sans bacon and gazpacho without sour cream..so I didn't go hungry but claiming vegan options is a stretch. =)

Reviewed 26 June 2017

My friend and I enjoyed the Southwest Black Bean burger with Succotash,the Beef Tips salad, the Seafood Bouillabaisse, and Mimosas. Great food on one of the best front porches in Columbia. Great service and reasonable prices.

1  Thank Christina A