No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Spring Valley Antiques Mall
Reviewed 21 December 2016

It was my first time here today. I am an avid antiques shopper and know my stuff when it comes to furniture, since I own several pieces from the Biedermeier, Gruenderzeit, Art Nouveau and Art Deco era. I was appalled to see a simple German 1950's kitchen buffet in the store, labeled as 'Art Deco', and priced for $650. The furniture in question is located on the left, after you entered the mall, and walked to the right for about 8 yards. - When I told the shop owner that this piece is from the 50's and not worth more than approximately $100, she told me I had no idea, that she was selling antiques for 12 years and who am I anyway! I told her that this was false advertising and cheating the customers. She replied: 'what do you care and who are you anyway?' Well, I am, or was, a prospective customer. So guess what: I do care!
-What an attitude and what an obvious sign of incompetence on her behalf.
It is very easy to find proof on the internet, that this type of German kitchen buffet/schrank is from the 40s and 50's and not worth more than approximately $100. This type of furniture is of very low value and certainly not Art Deco! This is false advertising on behalf of Spring Valley Antique Mall. I would think, people rely on the expertise of the owners. I can only say, DO NOT SHOP HERE!
Also to consider: If I can determine very easily over the internet, that this kind of furniture is from the 1940's/1950's and certainly not Art Deco style, then the shop owner should be able to do the same, but didn't do her homework or .....you make any assumption yourself.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

The owners have selected very interesting and excellent quality items. I have bought a number of things there. My favorite being a pair of Chinese chairs and a Chest of drawers. All look very good and are in good condition. Pleased with the prises for what I purchased.

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

My Wife and I stop in here every once in a while. Over the years we have found some very interesting items that now grace our home. The owners are very friendly, good people. The prices are fair. The owners know what they have so I would certainly not call everything a bargain. This is not to say you cannot find a bargain or two though. With the large inventory our visits end up being hours. Well worth a stop if like antique or vintage. The antique jewelry collection is worth noting.

Reviewed 27 December 2015

Very nice owners of a wonderful antique store.I only get to visit once a year,but always enjoy it thoroughly.They have an excellent selection of antiques with a great variety of merchandiseThere is a lot to see.It is an "Antique store" in the true sense of the word,not another shop full of 60"s junk.The owners are very pleasant and welcoming.I thoroughly recommend a visit here,it is one of my very favorite antique stores.