All reviews great location overflow parking walking distance lady street gervais street colonial life arena parking lot bars and restaurants self park complimentary breakfast state capitol university of south carolina staff was very friendly college visit beautiful hotel definitely stay here again comfortable beds
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Great hotel, wonderful location.Friendly staff that made us feel very comfortable, especially the check in team. I highly recommend this hotel for any stay in Columbia. The valets were helpful. Lots of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Austa J, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Columbia / Downtown / The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thank you very much for your sweet review, David H.!

We appreciate your feedback on how wonderful our hotel is! By all means, stop by on your next visit in Columbia- we would love to have you again! Til then, safe travels!

Austa J.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

I really enjoyed this hotel a lot. Everything in my room was very clean, parking was easy. My favorite part was that it was walking distance to pretty much anything you wanted to go to in Columbia. Pretty decent breakfast. My only complaint was the HVAC. Sometimes the room felt super humid, if it wasn't humid it was freezing cold. Couldn't get a good temperature going.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your nice review, Heather Lee C!

We're glad to hear you really enjoyed your stay with us, but sorry to hear the room was super humid for you. Our summers can get tough down here in the city where the humidity can be as thick as a bundt cake, but if you're in town next time, let us know what we can do for you so our staff members can fix our thermostat to a temperature that is just right for you. And you can stop by and have a complimentary beverage for your inconvenience! Safe travels!

Austa J.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Located in the heart of downtown Columbia with plenty of restaurants to choose from, all within walking distance of the hotel.Rooms are very neat and tidy. Fitness area was nice as well as the poll. No complaints.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Chad H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbia / Downtown / The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

shawnerbe,

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response to make every guest experience the best it can be. We are so glad that you enjoyed our location and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

The hotel is ok for a business hotel. The HVAC system wasn't great, the room felt humid and damp. Location is central and good. I was in Columbia for a specific project and returned to the hotel late at night and tired the second day to a room that had not been serviced by housekeeping (there was no "privacy" sign on the door, no reason that the room should not have been cleaned). I called the front desk and they had no one from housekeeping on duty, but the person assured me that a manager would call me about it in the morning. No one called the following day. I stayed for two more nights and when I checked out on the third day I asked again about this at the front desk and was told that the person on that shift "doesn't know what goes on during the day" but would leave a message for a manager to call my cell phone. It's now two weeks later and I didn't receive a call. I'm not pleased with the lack of customer service. If you expect your room rate to include housekeeping consider not staying at this hotel.

Don B,

Let me personally apologize that no one got back in touch with you. I promise you that this is not the norm and will be addressing this with our team. If you would like to discuss your stay further I would be glad to speak with you. We never want a guest leaving our hotel unsatisfied. You can reach me at 803-978-2013.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

Maybe the price was 429 for one night due to the On the Run concert?? For the price I would at expect towels or luggage carts to be brought to the room. More than once we were told to come get things.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Chad H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbia / Downtown / The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

crystalnicolegrant,

Thank you for taking time to supply us with your feedback. When major events are in town, such as popular concerts, rates can fluctuate. Our rates are set in-line by the demand in the market. Being in a high demand area such as ours can definitely cause our rates to be higher during these times.

Let me apologize that we are not able to offer better assistance with such items as our food and beverage and luggage carts. We do not offer room service, but we should have let you order from your room and then pick up. We should have also been able to supply you with such items as a luggage cart without you having to come downstairs. I will speak with both our Front Desk and Valet Parking teams to get this addressed immediately. Please know that this is not the norm and will be corrected.