1,024 results
All reviews ruth's chris front desk self parking within walking distance restaurants and bars state house room service beautiful hotel vista area hotel lobby breakfast buffet colonial life arena per night south carolina usc campus room key visit columbia
Reviewed 28 August 2018

I picked my room online and arrived after the scheduled check in time and was told that room had not been cleaned. Why did I go to all the trouble to tell them when I would arrive and what room I wanted?

Great hotel and nice location. The attached parking deck is not owned by the hotel and is $12.00 per night even if using honor points. We found spaces near the hotel entrance except on the weekend when they had downtown events and it was crowded.

The rooms were nice, the staff was friendly and we were able to walk to many shops and restaurants. The only draw back was you could not get coffee anywhere in the hotel in the morning without paying an arm and a leg. The breakfast buffet is located in the Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and coffee was included. But still no complimentary lobby coffee which was a big disappointment. I am an early riser and sit in the lobby and drink coffee for an hour or two before my family is awake. I need to be able to have coffee while waiting. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Jenna P, Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Jeffrey B,

Thank you for your feedback of our Hilton Columbia Center. We, certainly, appreciate your time.

I apologize that our housekeeping hindered your ability to select your own room during your previous stay. To answer your question: this is uncharacteristic of our property and of our Digital Key Process. However, there are many different factors that could have affected this particular room's status. Regardless, It is disappointing to hear that we did not offer you the best possible Digital Check-in experience. I will bring this to the attention of all members of our management team to prevent this from happening in the future.

In any case, It is wonderful to hear that our location was convenient for you. We absolutely love being located within walking distance from over 50 bars and restaurants. It is great to hear that our staff were able to provide you with a delightful experience, as well.

As a side note, we are excited to soon be able to offer our guests Starbucks coffee in the mornings, as we are introducing a Starbucks Coffee machine to our lobby this month. As far as complimentary coffee, we do offer coffee in each guest room and are happy to replenish this daily, or at the request of the guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future so that we can, hopefully, offer you a five star experience next time!

Reviewed 23 August 2018

This hotel is my favorite place to stay and rest in Columbia. The front desk and cleaning staff are all very warm and respectful. My son is sophmore at USC and plan is to continue to book this hotel as often as possible when in town. Unfortunately, at times the price point is way above my means and is disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear roselynew936,

Thank you for your FIVE STAR review of our Hilton Columbia Center!

Thank you for your kind words regarding our property. We absolutely love hosting our Gamecock families when they are in the area. I am sorry to hear that our price point occasionally is a hindrance to your staying with us. However, we certainly appreciate your loyalty to our property regardless.

We look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future!

Reviewed 19 August 2018

This hotel is located in the heart of Downtown. So walking and short drive to everything. We were in town for a concert and we only had to walk across the street. Our stay was pleasant and aa a bonus they had Ruth Chris in the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Jenna P, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear 938jeffreyr,

Thank you for your FIVE STAR review of our Hilton Columbia Center!

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and our surrounding Historic Downtown attributes. We look forward to welcoming you to Columbia during your next visit.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here while moving daughter into USC. Great location to campus and walking distance to restaurants and shops in the vista. Even though the hotel is close to spots in the vista in is located just a block away which makes it a nice quiet location for sleep and easy to get in and out of. Rooms very clean and service is great. My new favorite hotel in Columbia...will stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kkar602
Dylan S, Front Desk Supervisor at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Dear kkar602,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at our Hilton Columbia Center property and appreciate your FIVE STAR REVIEW. Please feel free to call us to make a reservation to visit your USC student or just to come and have a relaxing stay.

Dylan Smith

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Hotel staff and facilities are Excellent! Must stay here when I’m in town. This location is central to all of Columbia’s main attractions. You can practically walk to any of the restaurants in the downtown area. You will also be within one block of the Colonial Colloseum.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Dylan S, Front Desk Supervisor at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear wfortson,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed yet another stay at our Hilton Columbia Center property. Feel free to contact us about any future reservations that we can assist you with.

Dylan Smith