Hilton Columbia Center
US$ 204
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsruth's chrisfront deskself parkingwithin walking distancerestaurants and barsstate housebeautiful hotelroom servicevista areahotel lobbycolonial life arenabreakfast buffetsouth carolinaper nightusc campusvisit columbiabusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The hotel was great. The front desk staff friendly and helpful. Rooms were big and clean with comfy beds and pillows. Had an issue with my key not operating my door and it took more than an hour to have it fixed. But the hotel management were super apologetic afterwards. Hotel is in a prime position. Would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Kabulpickle
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Dear Kabulpickle,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on the Hilton Columbia Center. First and foremost I do apologize for the extended period of time it took to get the electronic door lock fixed on your guest room door---technology as you know sometimes is not cooperative. Thank you for recognizing and acknowledging the helpful and apologetic hotel management staff that you interacted with while you are here. If any of your future travels brings you back to Columbia, please do not hesitate to personally let me know if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Had a very nice stay. I have stayed here over 10 times in the past year. By far my favorite hotel in Columbia. Very close to everything and a great staff. The only downside of the hotel from my point is the breakfast. No breakfast buffet is worth $12 before tip. The rooms are great but don't eat there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Bill31820 from Columbus Georgia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Columbia Center. My sincere gratitude to you and your family for making the Hilton Columbia your favorite hotel in Columbia. I will be sure to pass along your comment recognizing the "great staff".

Thank you for your comments in regards to our breakfast buffet pricing, we strive to serve the best breakfast buffet in town and want to remain competitive in our offering and price. If there is ever an issue with the satisfaction of our breakfast buffet, please let us know and we will fully refund your breakfast.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

This place was good enough for a one night stay. The parking was a little obnoxious - you pull into what looks like a municipal parking deck and trapse through hallways etc to get to the desk. It wasn't a big deal - and it is a downtown location - but still not "easy" and a pain if you are carrying a lot of stuff. Everything else was fine. I wouldn't object to staying here again - but I also wouldn't go out of my way to stay here.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Dear sbccc from North Carolina,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Columbia Center. Our self-parking garage is adjacent to the hotel and is operated by the City of Columbia. The garage entrance does in fact take you through the hotel's meeting space, past the outdoor heated pool, business center, and the hotel's lobby. The design of the parking was meant to be away from the hotel's guest rooms to limit some noise. We do offer valet parking at our main entrance next to the hotel's registration desk---this would definitely eliminate the need to travel through our meeting space to arrive at our guest floor elevators. A bellman is always on duty to assist with luggage making the arrival experience less cumbersome. If any of your future travels bring you back to Columbia, please do not hesitate to contact me for personal assistance.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

Where do I start with this property?

I had to go to Columbia for a trade show. Stayed at the Hilton as I am an honors member and I stay at their family hotels when I can. This hotel was very nice, up to hilton standards if you will, but very frustrating at the same time.

I'll start with the good. Check in was fast and easy. The front desk staff was very nice and it was well staffed, better staffed even than most in much larger complexes. I was put on the third floor with a King size bed. The room was very nice and spacious. Flat screen TV with some HD TV. HIlton bed is always great. Bathroom was up to date and clean. The free Wi-Fi worked very well and it was very fast.

Now the frustrating (not so much bad but made you scratch your head). Some of these sound petty but they are the last things you want to deal with on a trip. Website stated $10 to park per day. No big deal. It was $12. OK, fair enough...if this were a downtown hotel. Columbia doesn't really have a downtown area to speak of. It's as if the Hilton had room so they constructed a garage just so they can charge you for parking. May even be city run, I don't know I don't care. There is plenty of space to have a lot for your guests. It's Columbia, not NY. As i stated before, the bathrooms were nice and very clean. The shampoo, conditioner and body was was all Thomas Roth, very nice. But where should I put them in the shower? On the small ledge for that...oh wait...there wasn't one. Just the ridged bar soap holder that they kept falling off of. I shouldn't have to bend over 15 times while taking a shower. It was petty, but infuriating. Lastly, I had to leave the hotel everytime I wanted something to eat. Sure they have a restaurant, a Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Very nice...very out of my work budget.

This was a very nice property but a frustrating stay. It's like they were building for a large downtown city and forgot they were in Columbia, SC. Last year I stayed at the Holiday Inn around the corner. Rooms were just as nice, parking was free and they had a free breakfast (not very good, but free). And it was about $20 per night cheaper. If you are on an unlimited budget, choose the Hilton. Otherwise, there are better options.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank randy623

Dear randy623 from Fairfax Virginia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy you thought the check-in was fast and easy, we were well-staffed, your room was nice & spacious, the great bed, bathroom up-to-date and clean, and the very fast free wi-fi. I do apologize that at the time of your reservation the website had not updated the self-parking pricing, this has been fixed and we want to make sure it does not happen to any of our other guests. Yes, the garage is owned and operated by the City of Columbia, our guests have access to the garage at a discounted rate which we can post on any guest room accounts that choose self parking. The hotel also offers valet parking for any guests that prefers that over self-parking. I appreciate your suggestion in adding an additional shower shelf for bath products, we are in the process of making that happen--Thank you for the AWESOME Suggestion!

Yes, we do have a fine-dining Ruth Chris steakhouse on-site. While we realize that Ruth Chris may not fit every price point, we do offer many early bird specials in the restaurant along with a very nice competitive in-room dining menu. If our guests choose to leave the hotel, there are 40 restaurants and bars with-in a 2 block walking distance from the hotel, many right across the street.

Reviewed 30 November 2011

Great experience staying here, looked like a new hotel. At check in the women was quick and had all my preferences in order and even game us an upgraded room. The staff was friendly and professional. Loved the room, very clean and modern. Got room service from Ruth's Chris and it was top shelf, the price was much cheaper than RC's in other parts of the country. Nice area, great for a walk around town. Just there for one night and it was a seemless experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Dear BuckOh from Boston,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy to hear that you thought the check-in was quick and the staff was able to secure an upgrade for you. We have always prided ourselves on the friendly and professional staff here at the Hilton. I will definitely share your great in-room dining experience with our food and beverage team. If your travels bring you back to Columbia, please do not hesitate to contact me for any personal assistance to make your stay more enjoyable.