“Great desserts but bring back the eggplant jambalaya as a regular dish please!”
Review of Bourbon

Bourbon
Ranked #10 of 1,015 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Bourbon is a whiskey bar and Cajun-Creole kitchen located just off the steps of the South Carolina State Capitol Building. We serve over 350 bourbons and American whiskeys, as well as whiskeys from around the world. We craft classic cocktails using only the best ingredients, and focus our beer taps on local and regional beers. Our kitchen crafts locally-inspired Cajun-Creole cuisine and we pride ourselves on sourcing the best ingredients from our region, working closely with farmers, ranchers and fishermen. We do not take reservations.
Reviewed 14 July 2015

We visited Bourbon for the first time last night and had a nice time. My sister-in-law had a Manhattan and said it was really good.

Food that we enjoyed and recommend:
-Black eyed pea hummus
-Grilled bavette steak
-Shrimp and tasso ham etouffee
-The mashed potatoes (side dish)-a little spicy! Delicious!!!

I had the vegetarian gumbo and did not like it very much. I tasted Bourbon's eggplant jambalaya during the Tomato Festival a couple of years ago. It had a tomato base that was delicious. I think that Bourbon should make the eggplant jambalaya the regular vegetarian/vegan option. My non-veg friends love it, too.

As for the desserts, the hit at the table was the banana pudding with caramel topping. My favorite was the pecan pie. They were out of the chocolate truffles when we were there, but we look forward to trying those next time!

The restaurant has a large bourbon and whisky selection, as would be expected. The bar also has outlets and USB ports at every bar stool in case you want to do work after hours at the bar.

Lastly, Bourbon has free parking behind the building after 5pm. Call ahead for the pass code for entry. We had great service! Will be back.

Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

A muffuletta is my favorite sandwich of all time. So, I had to try this place out for lunch. It looked fun and sexy in the pictures. And the reviews were great. My friend and I went on a very hot day for lunch and the AC was broken. The food was good despite this and by the time we left, it was fixed. After some site seeing we went back for a drink. This time we had a Ya Ya hurricane. They only allow two of these per customer because one is equivalent to three or four drinks. It was delicious! It is worth going there alone for this drink. The other drinks are awesome too! The drink menu is very extensive and creative. I want to note that the bartenders and staff are really friendly there so we kept going back time and again while we were in Columbia South Carolina.

Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

Ate at bar as restaurant was busy ... Noontime rush. Indeed lived up to it's moniker, right down to the "Pappy" Bourbon. No expert on NOLA, despite visits there 10 times since 1972, this resonates the spirit of the Crescent City. The bartendress was not condescending or glib. She knew her stuff and was genuinely interested in service!!!

Reviewed 3 July 2015

Found this restaurant when staying downtown for a weekend conference. I was very impressed by the rustic atmosphere, and great food and service. The menu is unique with many specially prepared dishes. Over 200 different bourbons and whiskeys with knowledgeable bartenders who truly know what they're doing. I went there for dinner and ended up staying all evening to include an after dinner cigar outside.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Main Street needed another restaurant. They do a great job and have good food. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Been to Bourbon? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK