“Dinner ”

Basil Thai
Ranked #88 of 1,085 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We live out of town and came here with friends. We all enjoyed our meals. The food and wine selection was good. We also enjoyed the ambience. I would return !

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went to Basil for a nice evening. We sat at the bar and ordered drinks and were going to eat. I asked about the sauces in the dishes because I have a shellfish allergy and cannot have oyster sauce. A manager came over and tapped my menu hard and said, “All of our sauces have oyster sauce.” I said, that’s ok, can you just sauté some chicken and veggies without the sauce?” She said, “No, we must honor the chef and cannot change the way we prepare any dish.”
She made clear to us we were not welcome there and we left immediately.
How hard is it to sauté veggies and chicken??? Is it more important to honor the chef then prepare a customer a meal??
Clearly, Basil does not care about customers with allergies. They lost $150 in revenue from us because we were going to order a nice bottle of wine. We will not be back.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Did not think I would like the food at first but was talked into trying the duck - fantastic.
It's my favorite now. Like the noodles, fried ice cream, you name it. I guess attitude can
make a big difference. Our service was great. Place cleared out before we did--liked it!!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Near empty restaurant and they made sure we were seated by the door with the sun in our eyes. The only seat in the restaurant that this would be a problem.

Food good.

May not come back.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018

I do enjoy various ethnic foods, and love to try foods in different countries. When you find a restaurant that can serve wonderfully balanced sauces with good food it is a treat. Basil seems to have the secret recipe!. They offer an array of dishes with a very decent wine list in an elegant setting suitable for a casual group get together or a date night. The portions are good and service is excellent. We do frequent this place and have not been disappointed.

Date of visit: March 2018