“Great BBQ”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #427 of 1,030 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Dickey's has great mid-western type bbq. After living in Texas for a number of years I get to salivating for some good Texas bbq and Dickey's does a good job at that. The restaurant was clean and we were in and out fairly quickly as we went for lunch and had other errands to run. I would highly recommend Dickey's for a good plate of bbq!

Reviewed 24 November 2016

The pulled pork sandwich and the pecan pie were delicious. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I would recommend checking on this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 April 2016

The staff are very friendly. My daughter loves to go when they send us coupons for BOGO bbq sandwiches. We have been there around six times and only once did we get a sandwich with to much fat on meat. The green beans are good and the bbq beans are good but on warm side for me. They also have good tea.

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Great barbecue and the staff was very nice. Free ice cream is certainly a treat. I will go back again when I am in town.

Reviewed 12 February 2016

I called Corporate and left several messages, I would have rather spoken to Management rather than post this review, but after two weeks no one returned my calls so here is my post. After driving from Atlanta to South Carolina to attend a funeral, after the services we decided to stop at Dickeys which was less than 5 miles from our hotel.

The staff was super slow, there were only two people in front of me and we were there almost 45 minutes. The gentleman that finally took our orders had sweat coming off his nose, he kept wiping it with his shirt, at that point we should have just left but we were exhausted and just wanted to go back to or room and eat and get some rest. Well, after waiting almost 30 minutes, they only gave us one order. Mind you, the gentleman that took our orders was the person cutting the meat. At one point an older gentleman comes from the back to get something, looks like he was preparing a catering order in the back. He immediately tells the young man, that he is going to cut his hand off by cutting meat that way. Instead of showing him the proper way to cut/slice, he just walked away. So we don’t know if he in fact cut his hand and was bleeding all over the place or what. We thought it was so weird that we could not see what was going on behind the counter, the line to order was right there where they prepare the food, but we could only see them from the neck up and couldn’t see him cutting the meat and we couldn’t see the other gentleman preparing the sides. So after waiting an additional 15 minutes, we get to the room and our orders are totally wrong. And the food looked terrible, we couldn’t even eat it. Not only did the food look disgusting but the portions were really small, we paid $28 for the two platters. I do recall the lady in front of us asking if she could get a whole brisket and the girl behind the counter immediately said "oh no, we need way more notice", the other two staff members looked alarmed too, so it was like they were stretching the food until closing time or something and giving us extremely smaller portions, we were there at 5 pm.
I would like to say to Corpororate, you really need to respond when the public calls you. Because of this experience, I will never eat at another Dickey's Restaurant.

Been to Dickey's Barbecue Pit? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK