All reviews room was clean front desk would definitely stay here again upon checkout stayed here for one night restaurants and shopping every staff member the staff was great a great stay free breakfast convenient location lobby interstate bathtub soap drain housekeeping
Reviewed 18 July 2018

Comfort Suites are my favorite value-priced hotels. You can ask my husband— when we plan a trip, the first thing I do is look for a Comfort Suites to stay in along the way.

Recently, we were on a road trip to North Carolina and happened upon this Comfort Suites in Columbia along I-26 and pulled in. I thought it was a bit pricey— $130.00 plus taxes and fees and that was including our AAA discount. But we were tired and decided to stay there anyway.

We quickly got checked into our room. First thing I noticed of concern was the elevator floor wasn’t very clean—it also looked a little beat up—slats of the flooring seemed missing along the floor’s/elevator’s edge. In our room, the bed was comfortable as was the overall room. But the floor in the bathroom looked like it needed to be swept or mopped. I didn’t want to go bare-footed in there. Plus, there was a lot of road noise because the hotel was situated very near the interstate.

Since we usually get better prices (like $85 to $115 before taxes per night) and they are usually well-kept and sparkling clean with staff constantly cleaning floors and the like, I rated this Comfort Suites lower than usual.

Room tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the interstate to avoid traffic noise.
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kareem M, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Rita,

Thank you for writing a review for our property. It’s very disappointing to read we fell below your expectations for the Comfort Brand. We were indeed in the middle of a repair of the elevator floor and a bit if construction debris remained. We normally keep a spotless lobby and constantly check throughout the day. I’m also surprised to hear the bathroom floor looked unclean, my housekeeping team cleans the floor everyday and we have them cleaned by an outside company every few months.

I am happy to hear the overall room was comfortable, and you were able to relax. I hope the next time you are in town you will give me a call so I can personally make sure your stay is enjoyable.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

We stayed here for one night on our way north and I was very pleased. The room was clean and comfortable and we enjoyed our breakfast very much. It is a good location for shopping. We had a very quiet and peaceful night.

Date of stay: May 2018
Kareem M, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Perfection! Thank you for your kind words, I will be sure to share your awesome review in our morning meeting. We hope we can welcome you again to our Inn

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed two nights and had a great experience. Staff was helpful and the room was clean. The bathtub drained a little slow but it wasn’t a big issue. The continental breakfast was good and their breakfast area was comfortable and and very well maintained. It’s a great place to stay.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank Russell B
Kareem M, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Russell,

Thank you so much for your review. It makes us so proud when we are able to deliver exceptional service and experiences.

We cant wait to welcome you on your next stay in Columbia!

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

When we got there, we noticed that they were fumigating some rooms. The first room we were assigned had a broken glass on the tv and the toilet would not flush. We were given another room. The Room smelt like cigarettes. I was charged a $100 for smoking fee, but we don't smoke. I left a message for the manager to call me but he has not yet, a week later. I will be calling the better business bureau tomorrow to see my next step. I am so disappointed in this. I don't have the money to lose.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank candrews2468

Candrews,

Thank you for your review. As you mentioned in your review " we noticed they were fumigating some rooms" you are indeed correct we take serious steps when we find room occupants have violated our non smoking rule. We employ an outside company that comes in and neutralizes smoke smell rooms, to insure our guest experience a clean comfortable rooms. I left several messages to discuss your smoking fee with no return call. Please email me directly to further discuss. kmiller@comfortsutescolumbia.com

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Met here for a family reunion. Rachel with the Sales Dept was very helpful in arranging the meeting room for our reunion. The rooms were clean and ready for us to check in early. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. We would stay here again. Great location to restaurants and shopping.

Date of stay: January 2018
2  Thank MPWheart
Kareem M, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

MPWheart,

I'm so happy to hear Rachel was able to help make your reunion a success. I will be sure to share your kind review with her and our housekeeping staff. I hope the next time you met you chose our Inn..