“Customer Service Is Not Yet Dead” 4 of 5 bubbles

Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison
Ranked #24 of 96 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
cola, sc
“Customer Service Is Not Yet Dead”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

I'm old school and expect things to work properly - the first and every time. My room key card did not. The front desk attendant offered another, but I was exapserated, tired and wilted from the heat and humidity. I was picking up my bags to leave when Jennifer, the manager entered the lobby.

She made me feel welcomed and wanted. The clerk said all of the right things, he was trained well, but he didn't care. Jennifer made sure the new keys worked, comped the night and followed up to make sure everything was to my satisfaction.

She understands customer service. I appreciate her professionalism. The next morning she was busy bussing tables, restocking the breakfast bar and speaking to the guests. I was impressed and wanted to offer her a comfy chair and find out how she does it all!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JPManager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Martha- thank you so much- This was wonderful to see first thing on a Monday morning.

Your comments serve as a tool to better serve all our guests so thank you so much .
Please come back to see us should you be in this area again.

GM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Concord, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

This was our first time at Wingate by Wyndham and it will not be our last! The room was very clean, the beds very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was great! We had our grandsons with us and spent a couple of days in Columbia. The lady who checked us in gave us many suggestions of places to take the boys and the hotel offered tickets to the zoo at a great discount. We liked the location of the Hotel, right at the mall and near many restaurants, movie theater and the interstate! I have already told 4 of my friends. I will look for Wingate By Wyndham Hotels for future stays when we travel!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JPManager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
This review was top notch- thank you for taking time to do this- It is wonderful to
be able to pass such great comments onto my staff. I am sure it will make their day-
it made mine!
Piedmont, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Great location-- right off the road of great shopping, great restaurants, and the interstate to downtown (just not great traffic!). Service is also wonderful. The rooms are clean, neat, and very pleasant to occupy. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JPManager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Thank you so much! I love coming into work and checking TripAdvisors- I hope you will
come back to see us when you are in this area again. I appreciate you taking the
time to write this review

Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

This was my first stay @ this property, but it wont be my last. Breakfast was awesome, even my 3 yr old, whose a picky eater, got full! I asked for a late checkout, and was given one with no problem. Even though I ended up staying an extra night. They even matched the price from the travel website I made my reservation on. Room was very very spacious, and clean. The bed was sooo comfy that I didn't want to get up. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Columbia area. The drive to Fort Jackson is 20 minutes but it's well worth the drive! I look forward to staying with you guys again real soon. Thanks so much!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JPManager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
How nice of you to write such a wonderful review- I will pass this onto all my staff.
Please come back to see us if you are in Columbia again- we love guests like you!

Allison Park, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed on our way to and back from Miami Florida for a criuse. Rooms are very nice and were well kept. The money for the each night was very well spent. Great moring breakfast and staff was very helpful at all times. Many restaurants steps away from hotel and some a very short driving distance. Will definately stay again if drivinf that way.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JPManager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
What a nice review- I appreciate you taking time to do this- It is very rewarding to see
that our hard work is paying off. Please come back to see us should you be in
the Columbia area again- I hope your cruise was wonderful