“Great Service”

Comfort Inn
Ranked #27 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The trip started out with the hotel not being where I thought it was as it has moved about a mile or so down the road off I 26 instead of I 20 where is was prviously. The hotel wasn't much to look at on the outside showhorned into a small space. However, the checkin was efficient, the room clean and comfortable. And my top priority for a Hotel it was quiet! The breakfast the next morning was excellant and well laid out. Even though it was very busy, it never seemed to be too crowded. The checkout was pleasant and efficient. The Hotel's service really shined when we got home and discovered that "Doggie Daddy" was missing. A call to the Hotel discovered that he had been found in the parking lot and they had him safe and sound. He was returned home just a few days later and was glad to be home! Thank you SO MUCH! I will definately stay here again based on this experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Dear Stevej74 Raleigh, NC
Thank you for staying with Comfort Inn, Columbia and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I’m so happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, your breakfast experience was excellent and your stay was comfortable and up to your expectations.
Thank you again for staying with us and for making the Comfort Inn Columbia your home away from home, we all look forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We were on a road trip and spend the night at this hotel. The front desk was gracious and friendly. The lobby and interior of the hotel was clean. The room was spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable. The water in the shower was hot and the sheets smelled really nice (I wonder what they use?) I see they allowed pets and even had doggie biscuits at the front desk. Our room faced the main road and my husband said he could really hear the traffic at night ( I slept super hard in my comfy bed!) We left early the next day and didn't partake of the breakfast which management offered us as we left. The front desk really left us with a positive feeling. They emanated good energy and I wish them continued success. For a one night stay at $75 it was a good deal.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room not facing the main road.

Dear Type1Traveler Long Island, NY
Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. I personally like to thank you for your choosing Comfort Inn. It is serving guests like you make our jobs worthwhile. You will always have a home away from home when staying with us. Exceeding all your expectations is what we set out to do every day. I will be passing your comments on to my TEAM who will be very pleased to hear about your positive feedback.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2012

My son and I left the Patricia Grand in Myrtle Beach a day early because of a very unhappy stay. We called the Comfort Inn from a rest stop to inquire about "pet friendly" accomodations. From my first conversation with Donna, I knew that this was the place for use to rest our weary bones.

We with greeted with the warmest welcome. The staff made us feel "at home" immedicately. They also had a treat for our dog.

Thank you for doing such a superb job for weary travelers. You're the best!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear bethaAsheville_NC
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor.com and other prospect guests.
Our staff is here to serve you with the highest customer service and exceed all of your expectations. Donna is key part of that model at Comfort Inn. I have passed your comments to her as well as the rest of my team without there help it is not achievable.
Once again thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed here based on the (good) reviews, which must be for another hotel. This one is very tired, with baked-on grime in every corner and snow-drifts of dandruff in the half-inch next to the baseboard where the vacuum hasn't been for a decade. Ancient dark brown splatter marks in the elevator was the first warning sign and it didn't get any better. I just couldn't get past the poor hygiene - if cleanliness is one of your hotel requirements either bring a pressure washer or stay somewhere else.

1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stay at this Comfort Inn several times each year. The Inn is clean and the grounds well maintained. The beds and pillows are comfortable, the towels soft and the staff is friendly. An acceptable breakfast buffet is served each morning. The motel also has a small business center and exercise room with a treadmill.

Dear Robert H Greer
We know that you have all the other options and you always choose Comfort Inn Columbia SC.
Thank you for your loyalty and taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I’m so happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, and that your experience is comfortable and up to your expectations.
Thank you again for staying with us and for making the Comfort Inn Columbia your home away from home, see you soon.