“Very Good, especially for the price range”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #20 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charleston, South Carolina
“Very Good, especially for the price range”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

Very Good, it is quite obvious the management cares about your experience here, and that makes all the difference in the world.

We were greeted warmly, checked in professionally and fast, rooms were very clean and updated, breakfast was standard fare.

Internet speed was good, TV selections were extensive.

In other words: this hotel is everything you need in an inexpensive package, and I won't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank deckhandoug
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear deckhandoug Charlotte, NC
We know that you have all the other options. So, Thank you for your loyalty with Comfort Inn and taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I’m so happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, and that your experience was comfortable and up to your expectations.
Thank you again for staying with us and for making the Comfort Inn Columbia your home away from home, we all look forward to see you soon.
Faysal, GM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Canton, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

everyone is so freindly at this Hotel Vejay especially, it seems like my home away from home at times.
Nic is also a treasure at this Hotel, always willing to go the extra mile for the customer

Room Tip: Jacuzi suite is nice to relax in
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Awesome;
Dear wiredoc Canton, NC
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor.com and other prospect guests.
Our staff is here to serve you with the highest customer service and exceed all of your expectations. Vijay & Nick are a key part of that model at Comfort Inn. I have passed your comments to them as well as the rest of our team, they are very appreciated for your comments.
We look forward to seeing you back soon!
New Kensington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife and I were on a trip to Florida from Pennsylvania. We started getting tired and decided to stop for the night. We called around, and one of the choices of hotels for the evening, was the Comfort Inn. Usually, this time of night ,we usually have to settle for what we can get and pay a really high rate for the evening. That is until we booked the Comfort Inn just north of Columbia , South Carolina. We got a really, REALLY reasonable rate , and expected to get a room that would hopefully be acceptable. We got one of the last (4) rooms and it was wonderful. Clean and comfortable. We stayed on Friday, March 23rd , 2012. I didn't get the name of the lady at the front desk, but she was just as pleasant as could be. This is a great stop if you are travelling from the northeast to Florida. Thanks again to Confort Inn and it's great staff. A shout out to housekeeping , also. Keep up the great work !!!!!

Room Tip: Always ask for there "Best Rate"
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gary H
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear GaryLynn Upper Burrell
Our staff is here to serve you with the highest customer service and exceed all of your expectations. Nancy and John are a key part of that model at Comfort Inn. I have passed your comments to them as well as the rest of our Housekeeping team, they are very appreciated for your comments.
We look forward to seeing you back soon!
Clintwood, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife,daughter and I spent Saturday night at the Comfort Inn on Bush River Road in Colombia South Carolina.I chose this hotel because of the positive reviews our family of trip advisors submited about this property.The location of the hotel is convient if your traveling the I26,I85 corridor.This is an older property but is well maintained and the staff were more than accomodating.We arrived at the hotel early and were checked in without hesitation.The staff at this motel were very friendly and sincere making our stay very accomodating.The room was small but very clean with all the anemities you could ask for.We had a microwave,fridge,adequate closet space and very comfortable beds.My wife ask for additional towels which were provided without hestitation.It is nice to visit a property where the owners and staff are truely concerned and go out of their way to make your visit memorable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank glynr34
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear glynr34 Clintwood, Virginia;
Dear Stephen S Gainesville, GA
Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. I personally like to thank you for your choosing Comfort Inn. It is serving guests like you make our jobs worthwhile. You will always have a home away from home when staying with us. Exceeding all your expectations is what we set out to do every day. I will be passing your comments on to my TEAM who will be very pleased to hear your positive feedback.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back soon!
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

We wanted a king suite and got a large room with a king bed and a spa tub next to it! The tv was oversized so you could probably watch it from the tub rather than the bed. The lobby was impressive and the front desk helpful. There was no tv listing card in the room and the wi fi was down which was upsetting. The front desk gave me a tech number to call and they said everything would be fixed in 10 minutes, this was 10pm at night and when we left the next morning it still wasn't fixed. The room was clean but the shower curtain had mold on it.

Room Tip: Make sure you know what their idea of a "suite" is before booking
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear RamblinRuby Cedar Grove, NJ
Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.com. Although we always strives to deliver the best service with problem-free stay, I have to accept that same time we do make mistakes; I will definitely discuss your comments with my head housekeeper and IT team, and used this oversight as a learning tool to ensure it does not occur again
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you back again soon, so that we can show how your comments helped us in improving the services we provide.