1,011 results
All reviews great location convention center within walking distance gervais street blue marlin state house restaurants and bars vista area parking lot hotel is located usc campus staff was friendly great place to stay rooms are clean front desk staff business trip free breakfast
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

My family stayed at this property while attending a USC game. The customer service and friendliness of the staff was excellent, as were the accommodations. Walking distance to numerous bars and restaurants in the historic district. 3 blocks from the Comet bus that will take you to/from the stadium for $3. A great value.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jody S
Oyuki A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear Jody S,

Thank you so much for your 5 STAR REVIEW on our property! We do appreciate you taking your time on providing us your feedback. We are pleased to hear that our location was accommodating for you during your travels with us. We appreciate you choosing us as your home away from home! We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I travel extensively for business and stay at my fair share of Hilton properties. This is probably one of the best staff I’ve experienced. All of the staff are always smiling and friendly. It seems like they all enjoy their jobs and this translates easily to great customer service. In addition, this hotel is in an excellent location. Therer are great shops and restaurants within walking distance. I go to Columbia quarterly and this is where I will be staying from now on!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank jenniferwilson2018

Dear Jenniferwilson2018,

Thank you so much for your 5 STAR REVIEW on our property! We do appreciate you taking your time on providing us your feedback. We are pleased to hear that our location and staff was accommodating for you during your travels with us. We appreciate you choosing us as your home away from home! We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

This location of this hotel is perfect! It’s within walking distance of so much!

The staff were warm and friendly, and I was welcomed as a Diamond member and provided an upgraded room.

The room was comfortable and spacious. I slept well and had plenty of space to work. The AC could not be set to constant fan, which was frustrating. My shower also did not drain well. Upon checkout when I notified staff, they were very apologetic and immediately notified maintenance.

I didn’t eat breakfast, but it looked like what you would expect at any Hampton.

Note that you need to enter the parking lot from behind the hotel. I encourage you to check in using he Hilton app to get a digital key. It will let you right in the lot.

I will definitely stay here gain!

1  Thank elbreviews

Dear Elbreviews,

Thank you so much for your sincere review on our property! We do appreciate you taking your time on providing us your feedback. We are pleased to hear that our location and staff was accommodating for you during your travels with us. We appreciate you choosing us as your home away from home! We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2018

I stayed here to drop my daughter off at USC. The location was excellent, however I did have a problem with the room that marred the stay and that is the only reason I rate this a 4 instead of a 5. After reporting my problem, the manager contacted me within a few hours. From the management staff to the housekeeping staff, everyone was pleasant, friendly and helpful - they completely turned around my opinion of the hotel and I will definitely stay here again!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank curtisi123
Oyuki A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear curitsi123,

Thank you so much for your sincere review on our property! We do appreciate you taking your time on providing us your feedback. I am glad I was able to get in contact with you and make it right!! We appreciate you choosing us as your home away from home! We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

My sister and I came down with my niece and her friend to check out the school. What a great place to stay. Front desk was super friendly and got us checked in early no questions asked. The room was clean, cold and the beds were comfortable. The location was perfect. Would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family