All reviews the breakfast area stayed here front desk exceptional staff couple of nights shopping and restaurants fort jackson excellent breakfast nice hotel air conditioner would stay here again each morning i highly recommend this hotel nice room complimentary breakfast parking lot hie
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

I normally love HI Express. This has been a sore disappointment. Rough sheets that had nappy little balls on the fitted sheet and the worst road noise I've had in a long time in a hotel. We turned on the room fan, the bathroom fan, and white noise on our laptop to try to combat the highway noise. If I continue to experience hotels like this in the chain, I'll start going with a different chain.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steph B
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

When traveling with my husband, I always check to find Nice, clean, safe hotels for us !! It's only been in the past 3 years that I've been able to travel with him. Our home for a couple of nights this week was, Holiday Inn Express Columbia, S.C! They were clean, quiet, friendly and the best part our room was ready when we got there!! The breakfast area was really clean and Great!! Have to give my new friend Tiki a shout out... Thank you

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 609teresae
Alex M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-20 at Clemson Road, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you so much! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see youa gain soon!!!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I traveled to this location twice now with my family.
Alex, the manager is fabulous. He even called me before returning to be sure he had my parents in the proper room for their needs.
Beth and Robin at the front desk are very professional, They never hesitate to help us in anyway from restaurant suggestions to directions.
Chris in the breakfast area is a great asset to the hotel. He is friendly, helpful, just great!! The breakfast is good with enough variety to accommodate everyone.
They all remembered us and made us feel welcome the second visit.
I truly will stay here any time I come to Columbia. The hotel is clean, very welcoming, the lobby is nice with fresh plants. It is also close to restaurants and shopping.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Alex M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-20 at Clemson Road, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! We LOVE having you at the hotel over the past two years. Hopefully next year when you come and visit it will be better reasons than just a hurricane!

Come back soon, and be safe!

Alex & Staff

Reviewed 9 September 2017

We booked a two night stay here recently when dropping off our college student. This also coincidentally overlapped with the solar eclipse (We arrived on the day of the eclipse and did not check in until after the eclipse had occurred and had the following night booked as well), so the price for the first night was substantially higher than the second night. I booked the reservation through a third party site. After our first night's stay, we took all of our belongings out of our room anticipating we might not need to stay a second night. Indeed that was the case and I called the hotel to inquire about getting a partial refund since we had checked out after only one night. I was informed that the hotel had required a two-night stay during the time of the eclipse and that there would be no refund (partial or otherwise) issued. I explained that this was not ever indicated to me at the time of the booking and I was told basically that I was out of luck. So we paid full price for a night that we did not stay (and was informed that I had zero recourse to this). Very disappointed in the customer service. The hotel itself was decent. Clean and quiet.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-20 at Clemson Road, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Hi travelrvoss,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time in posting a review about our property on TripAdvisor. Our goal has always been to provide our guests with the best hospitality service and I am sorry for the service let down from our hotel staff. I also regret the inconvenience you had with canceling your reservations.

I have taken note of your comments and shared them with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements accordingly.

Again, we thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Room 105. This room is very wheelchair friendly. The staff were so pleasant and accommodating. This hotel is convenient to shopping, food, gas or anything else you may need.

Only thing we would have liked would have been better lighting in the room. Brightest light is at door entrance and room has 3 lamps and just did not put out enough light for us.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Alex M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-20 at Clemson Road, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! We wanted to let you know we listened and have decided to make some changes in our guest rooms over the next few months!

Your voice made a difference,

Alex