Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North
US$ 156
Staybridge.com
US$ 140
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbusiness centerfort jacksonfitness centeroff the highwayfitness roomcalled the front deskcommon areasclean hotelbed was comfortablewould definitely stay here againbusiness tripcomplimentary breakfaststaff was friendlynotchloungemaintenancepillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

I never through I would ever wake up and find large bed bugs in the bed with me. They were in my suite at the 77 two-knotch hotel location in Columbia SC. the front desk the night auditor Randy wasn't very concerned about my finding. I went back to my room about 0430 to find another large bedbug waiting for me on my pillow. Randy didn't show me any sign at all that he cared about me, this bedbug was alive and crawling in a plastic bag. Please don't stay at this location

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
8  Thank Wanda C
Reviewed 10 October 2015

Unfortunately we stayed during a very harsh rain storm but the water to this hotel ran out. When my wife called to the desk to ask Brandon what we should do his answer was that he didn't know. We noticed people going back and fourth the pool with garbage cans from their rooms that were full of water to flush the toilets in their rooms. The next day my son noticed the housekeeping department cleaning rooms with little bottles of water. The young lady at the desk was nice enough to give us water the next morning and did let us know we could check out early if we wanted but she would have to check with her general manager on refunding us our money back. After we decided to chance the weather and leave this hotel, we tried to get a refund on our room and Katie told us that the hotel would not be issuing any refunds on prepaid rooms but that we could speak with the general manager. We left Bianca several messages and got no response. This hotel has very poor business practices. I understand the storm was the issue with the water but the young man who handled us Sunday did a very poor job. I think the next time an issue as big as losing water takes place the hotel should have been prepared and better attentive to guests needs. This was one of the worst Holiday Inn Express Hotels I have stayed at. I am glad we had the opportunity to just pass through Columbia, because staying was a nightmare. I no longer wish to be contacted by the general manager, if there was one.

Stayed: October 2015
1  Thank harper867
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

Dear harper867,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback. Providing excellent customer service and comfortable accommodations are some of the things we pride ourselves in, and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information regarding your stay.

look forward to hearing back from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Divina P.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 October 2015

We just stopped for an overnight stay. Check-in was quick and easy. We were given a clean,spacious room. The bed was very comfortable. We were given a free breakfast. There is a pool, a fitness center, and business center. We asked for a late check-out due to travel advisories for flash flooding and were accommodated.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2015

Very professional hotel from beginning to end. Check in was quick, efficient, and professional. Service in the bar was great and the food was better than average. Breakfast in the morning was a little sub par, but tolerable. I will most likely stay at this hotel when I am back in the area and would recommend to all travelers.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

No breakfast nothing special for top tier members room was wet smelling musty kind can't open window so when there is a lack of maintenance like here a dirty aircon starts smelling fast, front desk staff was bored and uninterested the whole hotel needs some love

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2015

Dear uli1,

We appreciate your post regarding your recent stay with our hotel. We value each feedback as this will allow us identify the areas that may benefit from our additional attention. It is disheartening to know that your experience was not as pleasant as it should have been. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you had with the room you received and for the disappointments you had with our hotel staff's service. This is not the hotel experience we are aiming for and we are truly sorry. Our goal is to maintain a clean and sanitary environment for all of our guests and it is with regret to learn our housekeeping staff was not up to par. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

While we understand you did not have an overall great stay, we sincerely hope to get another chance to give you a more pleasurable stay should you be in the area again.

Ingrid V.