See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 May 2018

I was driving from Orlando to Greensboro and wanted to stop somewhere along the way. I was going to drive to just north of Charlotte, but due to a front forecast to move through the area on the afternoon in question, I decided to stay on the north side of Columbia and drive more the next day when it was to be dry but cooler. It was a good decision as the rain and winds started about 30 minutes after I arrived here. This is a new Holiday Inn Express, as of 1st of December 2017, I believe. I arrived just before 3 pm, and my room was ready and waiting. I had booked an Executive King (it was the same price as the regular sized king so easy choice). The room was very well done with tile floor except some carpet around the very high bed. I almost needed a stepladder to get in and out of bed. There was a broken spring, and each time I got in, it made a clang! I still got a great sleep on a very comfortable bed with crisp sheets and a soft cover. The TV was in front of the bed and didn’t rotate so a little neck bending to watch from sofa. There was an area with sofa and coffee table. There was a Keurig coffee station. I just took pods for home later and drank the coffee in the lobby! Bathroom was efficient and clean with stand-up shower (only issue was door wouldn’t stay open so had to hold door while I got in with my supplies and again had to hold when I reached for my towel or it would cut me off!). There were the good Holiday Inn Express amenities as well. My view was of the steakhouse and Waffle House to the east. The ladies at check-in were friendly but need a little training on what to say to “Spire” and other status members. I felt like they were talking to me as if I were a child and not an experienced traveler. They weren’t rude..just a tad condescending! I got my welcome points before the next morning. Breakfast was good enough that I didn’t have to go elsewhere but not as good as others of the same brand. They had a cheese omelet and turkey sausage although I passed on the sausage since it was Lenten Friday. Most now have egg white veggie omelets as standard item. They had 3 TV’s in eating area. I am giving a 4 because there were a few minor issues as mentioned. I think this 3 month old Holiday Inn Express has great potential and should be one of the best in the area very soon!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Stayed here and enjoyed a new mattress. Comfy sleep. Breakfast was usual. Staff friendly. No restaurant on site but they offer a free appetizer coupon for Texas Roadhouse. Checkout was quick. They put a 50.00 incidental fee on account when you check in and remove it on checkout.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank berniceHalifax
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I read the reviews but decided to try this hotel anyway, It has some nice features in it, but I was really bothered by the fact that you had to have a room key to use the restroom downstairs. That's not very efficient for someone who has been on the road a while, waiting until they got there to use it. On top of that, when you are dealing with a stern front desk clerk that doesn't make it any better. I was not impressed at my arrival. My room, while a little lacking on leg room, made up for it with the comfort of the bed and the extra stool hidden beneath the luggage bench. It's obvious that the owners wanted a nice place, but whoever was hired for the labor of the remodel left them with a sloppy job. I felt bad for them about it. The front desk clerks did smile and some tried to be friendly, but one tried to charge my husband for items he had just purchased from the store next door and he was very offended by that. Then there is the fact that you cannot pay cash for anything? We tried paying cash for our room but were not allowed, nor was he allowed to pay cash for the bottle of water purchased from their little (in house) store. We didn't understand that at all. Overall, if we could take that bed and put it in another place, we would be very happy. Oh please let me say that DARCY at the front desk was the BEST!!!!! She had a sweet smile, professional manner, and was easy to deal with.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family