All reviews heart of downtown caramel popcorn welcome drink boutique style hotel beer or wine restaurants and shops college visit on arrival place to stay rooms are spacious turndown sips comfort bathroom towels lobby fridge
Reviewed 26 October 2018

Forget about your points. Forget about your loyalty program. If you plan to be in Columbia stay at the Trundle. Nothing cookie cutter here, the Trundle is a place apart. The owners are creating a culture of excellence, staring with a friendly and professional staff.

Extra points for comfort. The mattress, bedding, towels and robe are high end touches and greatly appreciated.

My only worry, occupancy is going to be tough once the word gets out.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank bayonnebrawler
Hotel_Trundle, Owner at Hotel Trundle, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Thank you so much! We love hearing about our guests' experiences and couldn't be more happy to hear about how much you love Trundle.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

The Hotel Trundle is fabulous in every way. Every staff member I met was dedicated to ensuring my time at the Hotel Trundle was perfect - and it was! I cannot wait to visit again. I cannot say enough about how very much I love this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Hotel_Trundle, Owner at Hotel Trundle, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Thank You! We love the great feedback, and we hope you come back and stay with us again sometime soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

My husband, daughter and I stayed here to tour USC. We loved it! The hotel is very modern and up to date. We stayed in the extended queen room and I have to say, it was the nicest hotel room I have ever stayed in. It did not feel at all like you were staying in a hotel at all. Skylights in ceiling could be darkened by the push of a button, two TV's in room, Davines hair products and large shower and bathroom! All of the employees were delightful right down to cleaning staff - especially Jerry, at the front desk, who accommodated my husband with the USC game on his computer b/c hotel TV did not have game on. The owner was there and had the pleasure of meeting him as well. I would recommend this hotel and have since departure as THE place to stay while visiting Cola. So glad I picked it - and NO, no one is paying me to say all of this :)

Room tip: Extended queen room
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Wow! Thank you for the amazing review. Lmoss, we are so appreciative of the review, and we will be sure to let Jerry know how much we appreciate him and what an awesome job he does!

Come to see again and Thank YOU!

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

We stepped into the Hotel Trundle after work tonight. My husband had been in for a tour recently and wanted to take me back for a drink. Immediately, it was as though we had been whisked away on a romantic getaway to a far away place.

While the ordinary entrance belies the stylish hotel, thanks likely to a lack of vision on the part of the small city of Columbia, the hotel is fabulous.

Tonight there is a hurricane brewing, so the hotel is having a party for the guests, complete with drinks, food, and jazz music.

There is fabulous local art, Sinatra playing in the background, and lots of unique historical artifacts from other historic hotels that once stood in Columbia.

The owners of the hotel are visionaries. Come stay so you can catch the vision.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jdaleysc1

Hey Jdaleysc1, happy to hear you had a chance to tour the hotel and loved what you saw! Thank you for the review, and we hope you come and stay with us to experience the full vision.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

If you ever visit Columbia, SC, I highly recommend the newly-opened, 41-room Hotel Trundle. Combining three historic renovated buildings, this welcoming downtown boutique hotel has huge rooms featuring exposed brick walls, cloud-like beds and pillows, and generously-sized bathrooms with walk-in showers. The room and lobby decor is creative and quirky and the staff is fabulously friendly and helpful. Everyone we encountered was loaded with personality and seemed to be truly interested in what you had to say. The hotel offers lots of added bonuses - welcome beer or wine on arrival, a “sips and nibbles” happy hour, turndown service with local caramel popcorn, continental breakfast, free parking, in-room coffee service, free wifi and internet TV service. The rooms include substantial, retro-style mini-fridges, and faux, aqua-colored rotary phones. In very well-lit the bathroom, there are special small makeup remover towels and a nice-sized shower shelf for shampoos and soaps. I can’t say enough about this little treasure of a hotel. I've stayed in many big-city hotels that don't have the personality, service and amenities offered by this gem located in the heart of a city with a population of just 134,000.THIS is the place to stay in Columbia.

Date of stay: September 2018

This review is such a great description of Hotel Trundle. Thank you, Susan! We work hard to make sure that the hotel has tons of great bonuses, and you do a fabulous job of listing them, but we'd like to note for prospective customers - parking is not free.

Thank you again Susan!