All reviews front desk room was clean off the highway nice stop yogurt comfortable hotel pet fee nice breakfast other guests would stay here again graduation at fort jackson late at night easy access stayed one night next morning the breakfast area king suite
Reviewed 2 September 2018

Great staff! Clean rooms and very comfortable. Room was big and spacious.
Bed a little small. but, i am tall so i find this often. If you need a nice stop over this is the place. Nice area too. Keep up the good work!!

Room tip: Room with a small work area is amazing. Fresh lemon water at entrance too!!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Wendy S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Thank You!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

This was my 1st time coming to the area to meet my in-laws. I was under the impression that this was a fairly new hotel. There was a mix-up with the booking but when I called a few days prior to arrival, Quan was very helpful with getting it corrected. When we were appx 35 minutes from Columbia, I called to see if they offered early check-in. I was told to come and it should be no problem. We arrived in town around 11:00 so we went to IHOP to grab a bite to eat. At 12:00 we headed to hotel. Zo was on duty at the time. He stated that we were extremely too early for check-in being that it was just 12:19...although I was told that I was good after 11:30. He took our phone number and said that he would call when a room became available. By 3:00 pm, we still had not received a phone call, so my husband called him. He said that he still didn't have a room available but they offered to upgrade us for free to a Handicap/Executive Suite. The room was ok. It had stray hair on the bathroom floor, the floor of the shower is absolutely filthy, there is mold around the bottom outside trim of shower, and it needs updating, but besides that it was fine. When I got ready to check out at 3 am, the front desk was un-attended. My husband came down and rung bell with no response. When we came down with all of the luggage and I rung bell, there was no response. I ended up calling the number listed online and when the lady answered, I told here that I had been waiting at front desk to check out. I like staying at Fairfield Marriotts when I travel but this one that I will not return to. It was not up to the standard that I am used to seeing them at. My husband usually stays at the Comfort Inn & Suites right around the corner and I suggested this hotel over that one but it was a mistake. Quan's customer service was wonderful, but that is the only good thing I can say about this place.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We checked in, then headed into town for dinner. Came back to the room at 9:30pm to find a bed bug crawling on the bed. Continued to inspect behind headboards and sure enough, found others. Quick Google search confirmed what we saw, and we saved 2 in a cup. Called front desk, they came up and took the bugs and told us to come on down so they could move us.
Long story short, the entire city was "sold out" due to college move in week and they said they couldn't help us and said they looked like beetles. Found a Best Western ourselves 15 miles away and left with a promise that our cards wouldn't be charged.
They weren't very helpful and only offered to have the manager inspect the room. No way we were staying in that room.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2018

I chose this hotel based on the location and the fact that I am a Marriott rewards member also since I was traveling with my fur baby I needed a nice place for us to stay for my brothers baby shower. The staff was friendly and helpful upon my arrival and during my stay.The room was great and spacious as well I was very happy seeing that the television in the room allowed me to watch Netflix. However once I checked out and checked my bank account that's when the nightmare began. I realized that they charged my account double plus an additional $60 I was very unhappy. After calling and speaking to a gentleman by the name of Mr. Wright my issue was still not resolved because he said he only saw one charge on his end. He then proceeded to explain to me about the incidentals hold which they place on your account when using a debit card but as I explained to him that $120 hold had already been removed the day I left the hotel so that is null and void about my current issue. So since this gentleman was no help I then called the corporate customer service number and explained to them the situation as well they in turn called and spoke to Mr. Wright as well and basically they both gave me the complete run around about what exactly happened with my card and the transactions which they did on my account. Trust me if you would like to get scammed out of money and don't mind not being helped to resolve the issue then by all means stay here. I personally will NEVER stay at another Marriott property based off of this one experience here.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Thank K. M
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Mr Z. Wright assured that each and every customer's need was addressed, without issue. We were there each day and never once did you witness any front desk Rep being anything but professional. Definitely will recommend and visit again.

Room tip: GPS may take you past and back to Blarney
Date of stay: July 2018