All reviews free dinner full kitchen front desk busy road home away from home living room great place to stay breakfast and dinner rooms are spacious stay there again south carolina we've stayed the entire staff parents weekend waffles downtown area the hotel is clean
Reviewed 11 August 2018

I was in Columbia for a pre-meeting night. I wanted to stay downtown to be close to the meeting location. After researching the hotels, I chose Staybridge Suites and boy am I glad I did! Do be aware, this hotel is not right in the Vista section of bars and restaurants on Gervais Street, it would require a car, cab, uber, etc to get there. But everything else with this hotel was spot on! The rooms are spacious and quiet. The beds super comfortable, the towels nice and thick, the shower spacious with a refreshing showerhead.Every staff member I came in contact with was very friendly and caring. there was a minor mix up of room type at check in but the front desk manager solved it quickly to my satisfaction. The A/C worked great! I saw a fitness room and indoor pool but didn't use. The best thing was, once I arrived there was a sundowner reception with burgers, brats, salad, macaroni salad, chocolate ice cream beer and wine. An excellent option to not have to go back out of the hotel. The next morning's breakfast had a wide variety. Check out was smooth. A very restful stay and I left refreshed the next morning and ready to work.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face the back toward the River (not really able to see the River, but lots of green space), no traffic noise.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Danielle K, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Thank you for recommending our spacious suites, quiet atmosphere and complimentary meals to fellow travelers. We are glad that we could provide a relaxing place to stay the night before your meeting. We are grateful for your feedback and hope you will choose to visit again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

What a wonderful hotel experience. We stayed here for 10 days due to our military PCS. This is by far the best hotel in which we have ever stayed! Rick is a terrific person and his staff are very friendly! He was incredibly courteous and accommodating! He made our stay very enjoyable. He is truly an asset to this hotel! Staybridge Suites in Columbia is the standard by which other hotels should be measured. If you need a hotel in the area, look up Staybridge FIRST!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Danielle K, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Wow, what an amazing review! Thank you for taking the time to share this incredible feedback with our staff. It is an honor to be considered the best of the best. We look forward to sharing these compliments with Rick and our team and we hope that you will choose to visit again in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Everything was perfect.
Front desk was very helpful with all my family needs. We definitely recommend this place to anyone who is going on family or friends trip. Place near to downtown and super market.
Thank you.

Stayed: August 2018

Thank you for recommending our family friendly accommodations to fellow travelers. We are grateful for the compliments and hope you will visit us in Columbia again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel staff was very helpful in guiding us to places we were interested in seeing.
The directions they gave us to get to Gate 4 of Fort Jackson was helpful. Trust the directions and don't use your GPS. Just as they told us. The only addition to those directions would be the distance you stay on the road to get to Gate 4. We didn't think it would be about 7 miles. Luckily we left early enough to get back on track.
The hotel has a very nice breakfast and many choices and they also have a dinner with beer and wine complimentary every evening.
We did not use the weight room but the equipment did look nice and safe.
We could not use the pool. It was shut down due to chemical imbalances.
If you are energetic you can walk to a very nice park with a beautiful river walk or you can drive too but really only about 4 blocks.
Quiet hotel except when someone's car horn went off at 3 am. But that can't be controlled.
Easy to get to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Danielle K, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share a review about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate the compliments as well as the feedback about our directions to Fort Jackson. We are truly sorry that the pool was not open on this particular visit and would like to thank you for being so patient while our team worked hard to return the pool to working order. We hope you had a wonderful time visiting Fort Jackson and that you will choose to visit again in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

This was a great stay for my family and I. Sheldon at the front desk made us feel
Very welcome! He was so knowledgeable and made check in an ease! I enjoyed my overall stay but he is a gem within the hotel staff!! I will definitely be back to this location! Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for the five star recommendation! We look forward to sharing these positive comments with Sheldon and the rest of our staff. It is feedback like yours that encourages our team to continue to go above and beyond for hotel guests. We are grateful for your business and look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to Columbia, SC.