All reviews the concierge lounge front desk parking garage breakfast buffet indoor pool state house mini fridge omelet lobby area business trip southern hospitality fitness center beds were comfortable staff was very friendly south carolina waffles downtown
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I travel here each week for work, and have not been disappointed in the customer service. Each week, there seems to be a different issue with my reservation/room/bill. But each time it is addressed promptly and correctly. For example, one week I was charged for a meal in the restaurant which I did not eat (presumably it was the person who checked out of the room earlier on my arrival date). Another week, I received an emailed hotel bill for another guest instead of receiving my own. Yet another week, I got a room where the door would not open (I think it was due to the humidity and the swelling of the wood). In each case, the staff took care of making the correction, with their sincere apologies, as soon as I brought it to their attention.
Christian (at the front desk) and both ladies working in the Concierge Lounge are AWESOME! They all go the extra mile to make me feel welcomed and appreciated!
As for the rooms themselves, they are as you would expect from a Marriott. Nothing special, but spacious and clean. But that’s really all you need - a safe place to lay your head after a long day of work.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Annaliese-KAL
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately I’m not thrilled with my stay at this Marriott. Not to their standards at all. I would have rather stayed in a Holiday Inn. The price was a topical Marriott price but not worth it at all.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
RachelV1437, Front Office Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

I do apologize that your expericience did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

I've been staying at the Marriott for the past few weeks, and before that I was at the Sheraton around the block. The Marriott is much nicer in my opinion. The room service is delicious, staff is nice and friendly, and I've been able to check in early since I've been coming in consistently before noon, which has been great. The wifi is also a lot faster here than at the Sheraton, which has been much appreciated. The beds are also quite comfy!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

I would say Marriott is among the best hotels in Columbia, SC. On a normal week they even beat the prices of most hotels around.

Access to the top level concierge helps with the breakfast, quick coffee and evening snacks.

Rooms with distant views are good for first night.

The college students building next door can be fun for the creative or it can get noisy.

Walk to most restaurants and Capitol building is great.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Rajesh S
Reviewed 29 August 2018

This hotel is attached to HUB college student living dwellings. There were students allowing their dogs to relieve themselves in front of the hotel and not cleaning up after them. Many of these students were rude and disrespectful of patrons in the deli next to the hotel. They littered and were just generally obnoxious in the hotel area and garage! When I tried to complain to the hotel staff they stated that they had no authority over the students living in the attached apartments even though they use the hotel parking garage and hotel lobby elevators! Staff suggested I talk to the security guard at the HUB front desk. Well, no one was ever at the desk the entire weekend.

The hotel lounge was very nice but the food and drinks were very pricey! Our room was just average but very clean with crisp bed linens. The view however, was disgusting as it over looked a filthy rooftop. We paid $331 for two nights and an additional $35 for parking and that was a discounted rate! We will be staying at the Sheraton around the corner next time!

Room Tip: Doors slam very loudly and some King rooms overlook nasty rooftops.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Rachel V, Front Office Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Groupon,

We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. Unfortunately, the students from the HUB are not always cordial to our guest. Thank you for your comments. We hope to be able to better serve you in the future.