All reviews fort jackson room was clean nice stop choice hotels army graduation check in was quick stayed here for one night visiting columbia yogurt very nice hotel pet audit hallway attendant
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Very close to I 77. Friendly staff. Check-in/out was quick and easy. Room was clean, well appointed and comfortable.Typical Comfort Inn breakfast, which is fine for us. My only criticism is that the hallway carpets were in dire need of a cleaning.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here to be close to my cousins wedding venue. We stayed two nights. Most importantly, any LDS (Mormon) people needing a hotel close to the Columbia LDS Temple, this one is a cheap option. It is only a few miles down the road. I think it took 10-ish minutes to drive from Hotel to Temple.
I worked at a Choice Hotel for a few years and I tend to judge them more harshly than others. I don’t want to get into too many unnecessary details, so here it goes:
1) They have one elevator. It’s on the left side of the hotel. Not even in the middle of the hotel. Oh and we were told that only a few people can get in the elevator at a time or it would break down. Needless to say, my mother and I took the stairs every time.
2) the hotel hallways and stairwell had dirt all in them. Not sure how many times they vacuumed.
3) the closet shelf thing in room 220 was falling off the wall. So we couldn’t hang many clothes on it.
4) they really need to clean the bathrooms better. See attached photos.
5) the pull out sofa sleeper is not suitable for adult human use. Maybe a child would have enjoyed it. I tried it out for a few minutes and decided against it.
6) it legitimately irks me when a Choice Hotel only offers the minimum required for breakfast. It also irks me when they serve sausage that is still a bit gray.
7) not too overly impressed by many of their staff, but I did not interact with many of them, so I’m not judging them based off of their staff. The woman who worked the Night Audit shift both nights we were there was very nice and patient.

Also, a heads up: the Walmarts in the area close at 11 or 12. I asked a few people as to why and never got an answer. So when I finally went to Walmart closest to the hotel, I asked an employee and she told me that their store is a “high theft” store, and that why they close so early.

Overall, we were happy that this hotel was so close to the Temple. We try to stay in Choice Hotels whenever we travel.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sherry A, Manager at Comfort Inn Ft. Jackson Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Let me start with thanking you for your review and giving us a 4 star rating. I have addressed the issues you mentioned in the review to my housekeeping, breakfast and maintenance staff. As far as Walmart goes all the stores in this area closes at 11 or 12 none of the WalMarts here are open 24 hours.

Again thank you for your comments and I hope if your in the area again you will give us another chance to provide you with excellent customer service.

General Mqanager

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I don't pay for expensive rooms, so sometimes, I get what I pay for. In this case, it is better than I deserved. The room was clean, quiet, and spacious, and the most important feature of all, the bed, was truly comfortable. The only thing less than perfect was the engineered flooring laminate that suffered from some previous water damage. I must also mention the breakfast options. Real eggs, pancakes, sausage, fruit, cereal, yogurt, and drum roll please...Cinabons. But book early. The parking lot was full.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sherry A, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ft. Jackson Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you for your kind comments. We appreciate your business and hope to see you the next time your in the Columbia area.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed a Friday night arriving late and leaving early. It is just off I77 and only minutes from our ultimate destination. There were guests checking in ahead of me and I took the wait time to look around the lobby and breakfast area. It was all clean and pleasantly arranged; foretelling what we would find in our room. The night manager was very pleasant and efficient in conducting the minimal business of checking in with a reservation.
Upon arrival to our room we found it also to be clean and well appointed. The bed was comfortable and we both had a good nights sleep. The next morning we had breakfast which was good. There was a variety of hot and cold choices with very adequate quantities of each.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank richardcU1943UE
Sherry A, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ft. Jackson Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Thank you so much for your kind comments concerning my property and staff. My staff strives to make each guest have a memorable stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again if your in the Columbia area.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Stayed here for one night as we were attending a geography bee. Nice clean room, beds were awesome, breakfast was good and it has a nice indoor pool. I would recommend this hotel for the price. Lots of places to eat nearby.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Sherry A, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ft. Jackson Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you so much for your kind response to my property. My staff strives to make each guest have a memorable stay. We hope to see you again if your in the Columbia area.