All reviews courtyard marriott front desk marriott website checking in breakfast buffet first floor minute drive parents weekend clean rooms off the highway mini fridge wonderful stay the staff was great the breakfast area waffles renovation housekeeper
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Upon entry, the staff were so friendly and helpful. The front desk registrar had someone go to our assigned room to make sure the room was to our satisfaction.
We are only Marriott and Courtyard travelers, so this was an exceptional welcome.
George and his staff were most accommodating.

Room Tip: Courtyard is always convenient, safe parking and bistro.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mar w
MartinMayrides, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear mar w,
Thanks so much for taking the time to let us all know about your "Excellent" experience regarding your stay with us at the Courtyard!
Your feedback is a valuable tool we use to keep our staff motivated to continue striving to not just meet, but EXCEED, our guests' expectations. I will gladly share your comments with George and the rest of the team.
We pride ourselves on going "Above and Beyond!" for all of our guests, and I am proud to know we have done it - again!
It was an Honor and a Privilege to Host your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Until then, and Always, Safe Travels!

Reviewed 12 May 2017

We booked this hotel back in Feb. through a third party booking. Our stay was during graduation weekend at USC and so we booked the room early. The booking included a standard king bed and a breakfast buffet. Our request included a quiet room if possible. We were given a room next to the elevator and the ice machine, so much for quiet. We did not complain about the noise, however the next morning when we went downstairs for breakfast, we were told that the hotel no longer has a breakfast buffet, but a bistro. We would have to pay for the bistro, and coffee, (which by the way was $2.00 a cup). We asked to speak with the Manager, who informed us that we will have to pay for our breakfast, that's what YOU GET when you book through a third party. He was extremely rude to us. It certainly wasn't that we couldn't pay for our breakfast, but the way we were treated. No need to say that on our future visits to Columbia, we will not use this hotel again. Upon our arrival we were greeted at the front desk by Carolyn, she was very pleasant and helpful, as was Courtney. Perhaps management could take some lessons from these ladies

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank ourelmo
MartinMayrides, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Dear ourelmo,
Thank You for taking the time to provide me with feedback regarding your experience here at my Courtyard.
I view all feedback provided as a valuable tool to "Celebrate the Great!" as well as to make improvements or changes where necessary. If I am not made aware of issues encountered, I cannot work to make it better for my future guests, whether returning or arriving for the first time. So I thank you for the insight.

While ecstatic to hear that Carolyn and Courtney provided you with great service (which I will surely share with them and their manager), I am disappointed to know the others issues encountered did not meet your expectations. While I can maybe appreciate the fact that we had a full house and were not able to honor your request for a quiet room (which happens) and that there was miscommunication regarding the breakfast not being included, there is no excuse for any of my representatives -especially a manager- to come across as rude and not treating ANYONE with the utmost respect. I can assure you that this has already been addressed with the manager and the rest of my staff!

Please accept my sincere apology for what happened, as well as my gratitude for bringing this to my attention.

I would love the opportunity to Host your next stay in the area and be able to show you that what occurred was an isolated incident. Feel free to contact me directly and I will make all necessary arrangements to ensure your next stay not only meets, but exceeds, your expectations.

Martin

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

This was a great experience. From the moment I walked in I was created by Courtney from the bistro and then shortly after Carolyn greeted me and made me feel extremely welcomed. April made me feel welcomed in the bistro as well. Great staff and experience!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Chirlanda L
MartinMayrides, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Dear Chirlanda L,
Thank You so much for the rave review of our property and the Service Excellence you received from my Team! Objective, Positive reinforcement helps drive their continued motivation to Serve!
We do hope to see you back again next trip! Until then, Safe Travels!

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Weekend stay to visit my son at USC, staff friendly, room clean , great water pressure, while I was standing at the Bistro to purchase a drink the server walked behind the counter and asked the manager (who was working on register) for a refill on a Latte for a customer. Manager indicated it was not free, server however told customer it was, she even offered to pay for it so she would not have to go back on her word. Manager insisted she tell customer it was not allowed. Seems to me the wrong person is in charge of customer service and they should not have had this conversation in front of me. Manager needs re-training.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jlbod
Reviewed 28 March 2017

Stayed here for accepted students weekend for U of SC. Excellent and very clean accomodations and very friendly staff. Nice lounge area and fairly priced. Was about 10 minutes away from the university, but an easy ride. Will definitely be staying here again! Thank you for the southern hospitality!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family