All reviews rooms are clean home away from home enjoyed my stay great place to stay laundry downtown
Reviewed 17 September 2018

After arriving and from the looks of the outside I felt assure that the inside would look good as well. After checking in and receiving my room key I went in the room and as soon as I step foot in the room it was not what I expected a Extended Stay hotel to look like inside. Some of the socket covers was missing, floor was nasty had stains all over the floor, bed linens was not clean , did not have enough wash clothes in the bath room, the kitchen was nasty no cooking utensil. Went down stairs to ask about the things that I needed or that was missing I was told that we don't have anymore. With a Hotel that size you should have more then enough to accommodate everyone plus more. I went across the road to see fi the other Hotel had any vacancy but they where booked and was told by them all the hotels was booked due to the storm. If I knew that my room was going to look the way it did I would not have booked my reservations here. But from traveling all the time Extended stay is usually a good hotel to stay in and never experienced any problems like this before and I would not recommend this Extended Stay to anyone not even a sick dog because of how nasty this hotel is, and how rude the front stay are. Upon walking up to talk to the employee he was on his phone and did not acknowledge me at first and I was just standing there giving him a look like yes I am standing here and need some help then he finally tells the person to hold on and then he addressed me never once said I apologize how can I help you. Very rude staff. I will be taking this further because of the horrible stay and as well as how horrible the rooms are. This hotel need to be shut down and clean up until it meets all the DHEC standards.. And the whole HOTEL smell like SMOKE

Room tip: Do not stay here horrible hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West - Stoneridge Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

We were sorry to read your comments, and would like to start by offering you our apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. Our main goal is to offer a great stay experience to our guests with clean, comfortable accommodations and a responsive, friendly staff. After reading the details of your experience, it was obvious that we fell short. We have shared your feedback with the team to take corrective action immediately so these issues do not happen again. Remedial steps within our housekeeping and front desk team are underway to ensure this does not happen again. We truly hope this unfortunate situation will not prevent you from staying with us again.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We had to evacuate ahead of hurricane Florence and decided to go to Columbia, SC. We thought an Extended Stay would work because they accept pets and were supposed to have a full kitchen. It was awful! I'm not sure where to start. The room was dirty and the kitchen had nothing but empty cabinets and a stovetop that didn't work. Here is what their advertisement states would be in every room: "Fully equipped kitchen with refrigerator, stovetop, microwave, coffee maker, cooking utensils, dishes, and cutlery". Aside from the refrigerator and the microwave, NONE of this was in the room, not even a coffee maker. There were no cups for the bathroom, and no hairdryer. When my husband asked the desk person for kitchen items, he was told we were supposed to request those ahead of time. He said he would speak to the manager about getting us the things we needed. This was never done. Nowhere in their glowing ad does it say you needed to request these items. The kitchen was supposed to be equipped. We bought a small coffee maker at Wal-Mart since we had coffee with us. We had planned to cook some of our meals because we didn't know how long the evacuation would be in place.

On top of this, two of the lamps in the room were nonfunctional. One by the bed had a plug that had been cut off and the floor lamp appeared to have a cord that had been cut or chewed. The carpet was so dirty, we wore our flip flops any time we had to walk on it.

The bathroom looked as if it had been remodeled but I killed a palmetto bug in there and the shower curtain was moldy.

There was a bag of garbage in the hall which remained there for the entire three days. The "security" doors didn't latch. There were no awnings over the doors so the cigarette smokers had to stand near the doors or just inside the building to stay dry and their smoke wafted through the open doors.

If it hadn't been for the fact that all of the other hotels in Columbia were full, we would have immediately checked out. As soon as the evacuation order was lifted, we got out of there as fast as we could. Don't be deceived by the pictures on Expedia or other sites.

We have stayed in a lot of hotels, bed & breakfasts, inns, etc., all over the world. This is absolutely the worst place we have ever stayed. I don't understand how the health department allows these conditions to exist!

Room tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West - Stoneridge Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Susan, we are disheartened to read your review. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered during your visit. You deserved a clean, comfortable, and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate team members, so we can take action to prevent these issues from happening again. Please visit us again so we can restore your faith in our hotel and provide you with the hospitality you should always expect from us.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

I walked into the room it was a stink smell to the room. I tried spraying Lysol to make the room smell better but that did not help. I tried calling around to see if I could find a different hotel to stay at but all of them was booked. Traveling from out of town I was expecting something much better then what I had to stay in. The bed linens did not look clean so I went to Wal mart and purchased my own I sprayed down the bed and the sleeper sofa before sitting on anything. The carpet looked nasty the stove was not clean the oven was nasty. Went down stairs to ask if they had anymore pillows they stated no with a big hotel like that you should have enough pillows and everything that is needed. The workers at the front desk was very unprofessional dealing with customers and on messenger or face time that is so unprofessional. I would not recommend anyone to stay here unless you just don't care and want to stay in some place nasty like this. All of the pictures on here are not how the hotel looks inside

Room tip: Good somewhere else
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for being our guest. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you had with us and for the cleanliness issues you encountered in your room. Your feedback has been discussed with our housekeeping team to be more diligent going forward. Also, your comments with regards to our associates will be used as a training tool to improve our future guests’ experiences. Please accept our apologies, and we hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

My family and I had to temporary relocate after a fire. I can honestly say the management was very accommodating and friendly. The room was spacious and comfortable. The onsite laundry was a plus.
It was a quiet and relatively comfortable location.

Trip type: Travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West - Stoneridge Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Extended Stay America. We’re happy to know you were pleased with the superb service provided by our staff and that you loved your cozy room. On behalf of everyone here, we invite you all to stay with us again the next time you visit Columbia.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

unfortunately, very dirty room - mouse "drop" in bed, when spread was pulled back, cat hair all over sofa, potato chip crumbs on kitchenette counter, accumulated dust and other "stuff" beside dresser on floor and on groove handles on bathroom cupboards, but very polite front desk clerk, had to ask for refund, couldn't stay, drove around Columbia, found other hotel

Room tip: don't stay here
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West - Stoneridge Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Kim, thank you for reviewing our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for the cleanliness issue you encountered in your room. We also have processes in place to double check each room prior to occupancy by the next guest. However, we fell short in our processes and are reviewing them so that this does not happen again. We hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves on a future visit.