Charleston Marriott
US$ 144
US$ 113
US$ 341
  • Breakfast included
Courtyard Charleston Waterfront(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$ 159
Official Site
Indigo Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$ 227
  • Breakfast included
Sleep Inn Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$ 119
US$ 100
SleepInn
US$ 364
1,194 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungeaqua terracebaseball stadiumhistoric districtshuttle servicehotel shuttleashley riverrooftop barfront desk managerfree parkingdowntown areavery nice hotelper dayshort drivenice poolcomfortable roomsfolly beach
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised . A large, spacious hotel..great service, courteous, friendly staff.
Great breakfast choices, buffet or menu: (their shrimp and grits were delicious). One of the amenities is their free shuttle to downtown. Rooms were bright and clean. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jackquelynn
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I arrived in Charleston for a conference a day early so I could see the sights. Unfortunately the looks of this hotel did not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I was shocked this hotel has a Marriott name on the side.

The room smelled like my grandma's basement. The bathroom was dated, tile was cracked, and there was mold in the grout.

As people say, pictures speak louder than words. Check out my pictures of the room.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Hawaiiantraveler66
Reviewed 17 September 2012

The hotel is just beautiful. It is decorated in the most vibrant colors. The restaurant has good food and the coffee bar is convenient. The rooms are large, immaculate and cheerful. I love the colors of the rooms. There is a well equipped gym and the pool has a tropical air about it. Everything is so well maintained.

You can take the Marriott mini bus to the historic district for $6 per person, per day. It is a bargain since parking a car in the public garages can be expensive. The mini bus leaves you off at Waterfront Park, a lovely spot, where you can catch a glimpse of dolphins on occasion. There are numerous shops, restaurants and historic sites near the park. The famed Market is just blocks away.

A family member's health issue caused us to spend three days at the Marriott. Despite the reason for our visit, the staff made our stay as pleasurable as possible. Edward Gamard, Front Desk Manager, was great. He and Alicia Giordano of the Front Desk were really helpful. They informed us that there was a free shuttle to The Medical University of SC (MUSC). This saved us a fortune in cab fare. The shuttle drivers were the best....sorry, I do not have their names, but they were so considerate. I cannot say enough about Edward and Alicia; they really are compassionate and knowlegeable...Thank you Edward and Alicia....Your kindness is appreciated.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2012

While attending a conference in this hotel, I stayed here one night. Overall, my experience here was a good one. I didn't have any bad experiences, but the stay wasn't exceptional.

The style in most of the building is ecclectic - the style for the area, I think. I'm not a huge fan of that look but it's part of the local flavor, I guess. The room looked to have been updated about a decade ago and was in ok order. I requested a high-floor room and got an ok view looking over the parking lot to the river in the distance. I found the bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. No loud noises from the hall or a/c system. I slept great. I did hear a person or people walking around on the floor above. Since I was on the 10th floor I was thinking maybe there was a different kind of flooring in the area above. I think it woke me up briefly, though I was in light sleep at that point.

The building worked well for the conference as it wasn't far from the airport or downtown, and had plenty of space for break-out sessions. The food prepared by the hotel was good and the staff from start to finish seemed professional and helpful.

If you are staying here you'll want to take a walk across the street to the river where you'll find docks and a gazebo. I wandered upon this and would have gone every night had I stayed longer. From the quiet marina or the gazebo you can watch the sun setting over the water. I was the only one out there which made for a very relaxing evening. At one point a dolphin surfaced about 20 feet from the end of the dock where I was sitting. For walkers there is a sidewalk that takes you past the water to a nearby college campus, I believe. I didn't check it out but it looked like a safe walk and scenic at least for a little bit.

I would likely stay somewhere else if ever in the area again, but that would have more to do with location for my needs then because of the condition of this hotel. Not a bad stay and I wouldn't be opposed to staying here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RandomTraveler76
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our stay for three nights here. The concierge helped us figure out which things to do that best fit our interests. Although it's true, the bathrooms are not the biggest in the world, what exactly to people do in the bathroom that requires so much space? The rooms are very clean and comfy, the lobby is beautiful, and the pool area was delightful.

The front desk gave us a 2pm checkout and let us hang out in the pool until it was time to grab an airport shuttle for our evening flight. That really took the stress out of things, since we were beat after all the walking around downtown. It was nice to know we could rest up even though we were technically out of the hotel.

The restaurant, Safire, serves great food, but the point of Charleston is to experience the city's places to eat, so maybe just hit this place once. Great fish and rocket greens.

The downside to staying here is that it really is too far to walk to downtown. I read the reviews of this Marriott and thought, yeah right, my wife and I are outstanding walkers. Nope. It's not just the distance, it's very traffic heavy and isn't set up for pedestrians like other cities. Plus you'll waste your legs getting to the market and battery area, when that where you'll need a fresh set of legs to check out all of the beautiful architecture.

The shuttle runs all day at $6 per person. Leaves on the :00 and :30, heads back on the :15 and the :45. The drivers were all very friendly and helpful to tourists. Don't forget to tip 'em!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple